Royal Bank of Scotland

Review the Associate Position at RBS

Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Royal Bank of Scotland full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRBS is an internaltional bank that offers opportunities around the world. The bank itself has been through a great deal, but has still committed itself to its products. The working environment there was funa dn friendly. The people at RBS were tremendous.

ConsRBS has been around the industry for many years. Prior to the ABN merger it was regarded as one of the safest banks. However, due to its history many bankers have grown up with the company. Therefore, many bankers have been there for years, and the bank is not top heavy. With the downturn of the economy these bankers have decided to stay on longer. The growth opp at RBS is limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a better path to your junior staff.

VP in Human Resources

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance is better than most big banks in… Cons: Being in the region means that often your the last… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within, don't always just go to the market… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good bank gone bad

Director (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice work environment at Stamford CT, state of the art building and work spaces. Excellent Gym and cafeteria @ work.… Cons: Bad management moves of outbidding to buy the bad bank ABN Amro, and other bone headed acts like the Libor scandal has doomed the bank.… Advice to Senior Management: Screwed up a real good bank with top management greed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Royal Bank of Scotland.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Bank of Scotland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Bank of Scotland CEO Ross McEwan. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Bank of Scotland employees.