Royal Bank of Scotland

RBS Overview

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros

Great people to work with, keeping you on your toes, teaching you new things and encouraging you to take on more challenging responsibilities.

Cons

Long hours and difficulty moving around the bank.

Employees are working long hours and often completing more than one job. Flex-time when necessary would be a welcomed treat.

788 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland (View Most Recent)

Global Brand, Mid-Size Firm Agility

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros

RBS WorldPay remains a growing company, so while every job is challenging, I find it more rewarding to deal with those challenges during times of growth, rather than when a company is stagnant or declining. It's a medium sized division within a huge multi-national corporation. Therefore, employees enjoy the benefits of a strong global brand and balance sheet (in spite of the challenges of the macro enviromnent of the banking sector), with the opportunities to impact the organization seen only in smaller, more nimble operations.

Cons

Weakness in global financial markets result in less funding for investment in new products and services than would otherwise be available.

Continue to invest in services and support as the client base grows.

Look at other banks if starting a career

Former Employee - Risk Management Intern in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Risk Management Intern in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros

Hours are reasonable and the employees are engaging. Work/ Life balance at RBS was encouraged at all levels. I took part in many company sponsored road races and other charity events that were looked highly upon by upper management. The actual offices at RBS were quite nice with great views of the Sound.

Cons

Felt I was working for no clear purpose. My manger did little in showing an interest in my growth as a professional. Work was dealt to me on an ad hoc basis without any indication of how it would be used in the future. Internal politics can get a little tiresome after a while, in addition to to typical bank bureaucracy.

Proper internship training program is needed

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland