Royal Bank of Scotland
www.rbs.com Edinburgh, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Good entry IB role, but poor career advancement opportunities leading to exodus of good young talent

Client Service Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Royal Bank of Scotland full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt was a good entry role into Investment Banking, and the work-life balance is one of the best around (probably too good!)

ConsPoor career advancement opportunities led to an exodus of good young talent and has led to an ageing workforce. Still struggling to break out of banking crisis.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess changes in the hierarchy and a reduction in the number of levels - too many chiefs, not enough Indians couldn't be more appropriately used.

Nice area to work

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good Environment Nice people Smart people Cons: Career Advancement/ Salary Advancement Low salary Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lack of clear direction

Too Specific (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good name to have on your resume Good professionals, coworkers Cons: Dwindling bonuses Dependency on UK Tax Payers' sensitivity The bank is driving… Advice to Senior Management: If I say this, I could be identified, so I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Royal Bank of Scotland.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Bank of Scotland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Bank of Scotland CEO Ross McEwan. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Bank of Scotland employees.