Look at other banks if starting a career

Former Employee - Risk Management Intern  in  Bridgeport, CT
Former Employee - Risk Management Intern in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros

Hours are reasonable and the employees are engaging. Work/ Life balance at RBS was encouraged at all levels. I took part in many company sponsored road races and other charity events that were looked highly upon by upper management. The actual offices at RBS were quite nice with great views of the Sound.

Cons

Felt I was working for no clear purpose. My manger did little in showing an interest in my growth as a professional. Work was dealt to me on an ad hoc basis without any indication of how it would be used in the future. Internal politics can get a little tiresome after a while, in addition to to typical bank bureaucracy.

Proper internship training program is needed

Other Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

RBS - It can be satisfying

Former Employee - Infrastructure Project Manager  in  Edinburgh, IN
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Project Manager in Edinburgh, IN

I worked at Royal Bank of Scotland

Pros

Focused Delivery. Good levels of technical skills. Nice offices and Edinburgh is the most beautiful city in the UK. People are very friendly.

Cons

Major process headaches. Average pay. Work\life balance difficult to achieve.The level of contractors the bank requires makes consistency very difficult to manage.

Listen to the people who deliver. It should not be this hard most of the time!

Above Average

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Royal Bank of Scotland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hike when joining
    If in right project, decent amount of learning.
    Excellent Benefits - 30 Days Annual Leave, Free Cab Services, Free Lunch & Snacks, Good Benefits Plan that helps you save on Income Tax
    Lots of resources to learn.
    Work/Life Balance.

Cons

Promotions are a challenge.
    Visible Politics
    No Onsite at all - If you extremely lucky, you get to travel to UK for a week or two
    Gurgaon has more training programs, projects, etc than Chennai.
    Life gets monotonous after a while, not a lot of projects that you can move to..

Too much of organizational and structural changes that are absolutely not required. It just creates uncertainty. Let people move around projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!