Royal Caribbean Cruises
jobs.rccl.com Miami, FL 5000+ Employees

Disposal Department

Groups/STAR Agent (Current Employee)
Springfield, OR

I have been working at Royal Caribbean Cruises

ProsBeautiful building, full of light.
Gourmet food in the cafeteria for only $4 for a whole meal
State of the art fitness facility with the best fitness coordinator on the planet
Working with travel agents is much nicer than working with direct guests
Incentive pay
Pay is good for this area

Cons1. Because the groups/STAR department has more training than individual reservations, the company literally dumps calls from 12 different departments on us constantly, but requires us to keep up with the 300 groups assigned to each one of us without giving us extra time off the phone. If we are five days late making our call outs for group deadlines, we lose our incentive pay, but we aren't given the time to do our jobs. So, many times we work off the clock so that we can stay on top of things. Then, when a bunch of people left the groups/STAR department for several other departments, they only hired about 1/3 of the replacements they needed for the people that left, and just increased the number of groups we each have to handle. Their reasoning was that we are getting our work done, so they don't need as many people. Right. It's because we are working without pay so that we don't get penalized for not getting our work done!!!

2. 50% of the shifts offered to us in Springfield either have split days off (like Wednesday and Sunday), or a closing shift. I understand that they need to staff the closing shifts, but everyone hates them because we have to clear the queue before we can clock out. Sometimes we are there an hour after closing. The company needs to offer higher pay for people assigned a closing shift. That way, people would take the shift by choice and other people could take some of those primo shifts. I might take a closing shift by choice if it paid a dollar an hour more.

3. The new Quality Assurance scoring is ridiculous. The intent of it is great - better customer service, but they need to make it a coaching thing and not tie it to our incentive pay. I've rarely seen anything as nuts as this company's new QA system. It's Alice in Wonderland.

4. The top ten ranked people in our department are on leave through the Family Medical Leave Act. Those of us who show up for work everyday get ranked lower because we get more QA scores and more opportunity to commit some faux pas like saying port charges instead of "non-commissionable cruise fare." If people aren't there, they should not get top ranking. Those of us who do OUR jobs and THEIRS both, should be rewarded with top ranking.

Advice to Senior Management1. Pay $1.00 an hour more for closing shifts.
2. Go back to the old QA system and coach for better customer service.
3. Find a way NOT to give us split days off. Other companies figure it out, why can't you?

A journey of growth

Waiter (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Royal Caribbean Cruises

Pros: it;s a one rule fits all in the company and… Cons: The long months away from home which should be reviewed to a… Advice to Senior Management: Please be willing to understand CM should they act a certain way because they may sometimes have problems which they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Clerical Data Entry Department

Clerk (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at Royal Caribbean Cruises

Pros: The company provides an opportunity to travel the world. Cons: The position I was in never allowed the time off requested. Instead would give you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Worked for Royal Caribbean Cruises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Caribbean Cruises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Caribbean Cruises CEO Richard D. Fain. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Caribbean Cruises employees.