Royal Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful experience working for RCCL

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Royal Caribbean Cruises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Global exposure, great people, strong leadership, work/life balance, environment of accountability, great amenities onsite, employee cruises

Cons

I didn't experience any cons working there.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Caribbean Cruises (View Most Recent)

I loved my job, that made me go above and beyond ma work ethincs, Working here was an ulitmate Dream come true,

Former Employee - Restaurant Waiter  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Restaurant Waiter in Miami, FL

I worked at Royal Caribbean Cruises as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

secured job / get to work with different nationalities / see different places / on board promotions / one can settle in life / Beautiful ships to work on / inter departmental tranfers can be done depending on ones qualificaitons and experience / a famous company / a place where you can keep your self happy and family happy with a decent earning........

Cons

no vacation pay / gauranted salary for housekeeping and restaurant staff very less ( 50 dollars per month ), which the company dosent want the workert to say about it to the guests or any one else / gratuities are not secured and assured to the employees , as sometimes the guests dosent pay any tips/gratuieties to the workers which lead to deprivation, downfall, sadness of the waiters/housekeeping workers / very difficult to extend vacation stay / management is sometimes overruling the company rules and creating their own rules which effects the employees very much / Ethical rules are very much favouring the Guests , employees are always wrong towards any complain by the Guests... no ear is given to the grevineces of the employee...as a result ... Guests are always right / once asked volunteary retirement cant join the company again.........

Management should strickly follow company rules and reglatinos and be very fair to each and every employee, treat each and every employee equally, create an enviroment in the department as such that all employees are happy no matter what and how... has to come up with ideas and put them in place to keep the employees happy in order to get the work done in such a way that manager, employees and guests are happy at the same time, Management should make sure they follow the guidlines of the company first and set an example to the employees ... so they could do the same.. A great manager needs to be a close friend to their employees keeping in mind the rules and regulations, limitations, a happy working enviroment, finally resulting to overwhelming results for company.

Absolute worst middle management I have ever been a part of.

Former Employee - Certified Vacation Planner  in  Springfield, OR
    Former Employee - Certified Vacation Planner in Springfield, OR

I worked at Royal Caribbean Cruises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay (if you sell and are willing to do OT), unlimited overtime, great product, cool co-workers. Health benefits. Very nice work building with a cafe and workout room on site.

Cons

Terrible management, bad sales policies, unorganized communication between managers and employees, micro-management to death/detriment of production.

Hire middle managers with real talent and a passion for the company and product, not managers who love to boss people around, know nothing about the product, deter sales. My managers made fun of top producers because we made twice her salary, she commented on it nearly daily, instead of being glad we were padding her numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Caribbean Cruises

Worked for Royal Caribbean Cruises? Contribute to the Community!