Royal Cup Coffee

Good job

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Working with coffee and learning the way to sell effectively.

Cons

Job duties and leadership. Your daily duties include merchandising product from store to store and then selling displays and space where other wine and alcohol companies are trying to sell their products as well. It was an awesome way to start my career off right after college. I'm totally down for working my way up and I realize that no one fresh our of college is going to get much responsibility right out, but to have a job that you could do as a ten year old just was too much.

None...It's all good

12 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Cup Coffee (View Most Recent)

I Actually Enjoyed the Responsibility, But Management Needs to Learn A Few Lessons...

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

If you keep up your route, no out of product calls, and minimal service on equipement, it can be a decent job. You work independantly. with little hassle from mgmt, Until you lose an account, then things get a bit interesting. You order all your own product week to week, the whole territory is mostly left up to you to organize and run to keep customers happy.

Cons

Can't say much for Corporate Support, theres is none. Regional Managers put most of the load on District Managers and Territory Managers. If you work fair distance away from Corporate, you are more or less on your own, to handle any problems, Big or small.

You are on call..literally 24/7. And base pay, even with a commission structure, at times doesn't seem worth it. .

You are responsible for field repair of all equipment in your territory. And RC does not offer that much training. You get "thrown to the wolves".. and learn along the way..A big mistake on RCCs part.

Your average day: even with a few equipment calls thrown in for good measure, 9-11 hours. Depending on the way your territory is structured. I have had 12 hours days with that company. And a few longer than that.

A ton of paperwork.

Royal Cup began as a delivery service. Hatton Smith and Bill Smith need to realize the guys in the field make the company go. They may have branched out as of late in retail and online ordering, but the product still has to make it to the buyer. And thats where the TMs come in. And for what I learned with that company, For the guys that make it go in the field, they need to make improvements in duties.

Could be a good job, but too many drawbacks.

I worked at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Enough free coffee and tea to drink every month
    Job security: people will always drink coffee

Cons

Basically on call 7 days a week
    Hardly any training using hand-held computer
    You are at the mercy of customers, it's like retail
    Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork
    You have to wear a TIE, sweating in the summer heat?

Teach people how to use the hand-held computer when training at the home office instead of showing movies about poor people picking bushels of coffee in third world countries. Tell customers to order enough coffee for two weeks, if they run out TOO BAD. Inventory control person is Obsessed, will call you and yell at you over $50 worth of coffee. And a tie, you have to wear a tie while delivering coffee?

There are newer employer reviews for Royal Cup Coffee