There are newer employer reviews for Royal Cup Coffee

Hard work with a lot of responsibility but empowered to wok your territory to take care of your customers.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Good job to have if just starting out, young and single. You are responsible for managing all aspects of your territory and learn many aspects of running a business. You have the ability to make your own decisions to best serve your customers. You also are selling a great product which you can stand behind.

Cons

Hours are long, especially if working in an area where your the only man in the warehouse. When I say your responsible for everything, I mean everything. You have to run your route, load your truck, order product and keep your warehouse organized. Also you have to follow up on Past-Due collections and some equipment installations and service calls if there no other person available. Your on duty 24/7. It is basically like running your own business but the company provides the truck, warehouse and product which is good but you have so much on your plate all the time that you have very little time for your personal life. Training is OK but in a lot of cases you are "thrown into the fire" or learning as you go.

You produce a great product and you have many people who work for you that are driven to make your company successful and your growth in the last 20 years shows that. Your sales force though needs more support in the field not in more salesmen but support and operations staff. You can sell a customer on a great product and "sensational service" but if you do not have enough bodies in the field to back it up, it means nothing. This is especially true in your newer territories which cover many square miles but staffing is so tight that it is almost impossible to cover it unless you have someone who is truly dedicated but even then, that can lead to burnout. There needs to be a larger service staff in the field to support the routes and middle management that is focused more on the operations of the routes in training, staffing for vacations and other operational areas so that the field sales staff can focus on "selling". Also you need to remove the great disconnect between how headquarters perceives things and how the reality in the field differs.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Royal Cup Coffee (View Most Recent)

For a small company -its an Ok place to work. But to much responsiblity in to many areas of business for the money.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Friendly people for the most part. You have no one breathing down your neck like on some jobs.

Cons

Expectation are a little crazy. To much responsiblity in to many areas of business for the money. Management knows nothing about todays business enivorment. Results poor quility of life situation.

Wake up --- smell the roses---there's a whole new world of young people willing to work out here.
    Show me how youre going to make my life better and I will show you how Im going to help your business.

Good job

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Royal Cup Coffee

Pros

Working with coffee and learning the way to sell effectively.

Cons

Job duties and leadership. Your daily duties include merchandising product from store to store and then selling displays and space where other wine and alcohol companies are trying to sell their products as well. It was an awesome way to start my career off right after college. I'm totally down for working my way up and I realize that no one fresh our of college is going to get much responsibility right out, but to have a job that you could do as a ten year old just was too much.

None...It's all good