Royal Dutch Shell
www.shell.com The Hague, Netherlands 5000+ Employees

Good grounding in the oil business.

Geologist (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Royal Dutch Shell full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe wealth of knowledge and project exposure is very good. They are an industry heavyweight and set standards for how the rest of the industry does business.

ConsThere is a heavy focus on protocol and procedure so it can feel at times that there is more focus on the business of doing business than moving projects forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company structure is not current and it may become increasingly difficult to maintain a diverse body of employees.

Shell reviews

Lab Tech (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Royal Dutch Shell full-time for more than a year

Pros: safety conscious, competitive salary & benefits, flexible work-life balance, challenging… Cons: too many processes to jump through sometimes to get work… Advice to Senior Management: decentralize some decision making (i.e. somethings work differently in US,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)
Moorpark, CA

I worked at Royal Dutch Shell full-time for less than a year

Pros: Excellent managers and great employees. Cons: As the station is right next to a community college,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Royal Dutch Shell.

Worked for Royal Dutch Shell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Dutch Shell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Dutch Shell CEO Ben van Beurden. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Dutch Shell employees.