Royal Mail
www.royalmailgroup.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Many positives, but difficult to get things done due to multiple sign-offs, and recent senior hires have been weak.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Royal Mail full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are some amazing people at Royal Mail - I was fortunate to work with many of them. It's a fantastic brand, and there are some great products. The benefits package and bonus potential is good.

ConsA blame culture exists, and this stifles innovation as people are afraid to act. Added to this, sign-off procedures are cumbersome. Opportunities are wasted, and high-quality people become demotivated as projects take months or even years to achieve business case sign-off.

In recent years, senior people have been given responsibility for areas that they don't understand, and external hires (supposedly with the requisite expertise) have not lived up to their promise.

Once you have been in Royal Mail for some years, even with excellent performance, you will start to see people joining the business at your level but being paid substantially more.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your experienced staff and managers - not every single piece of work requires Director-level sign-off.

Nice place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Royal Mail full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Balanced work and home life Nice Managerial level which always there… Cons: No career progression for minimum of 4 years Not for ambitious… Advice to Senior Management: Very nice manager, supportable Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Christmas Casual (Former Employee)
Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Royal Mail part-time for less than a year

Pros: Easy work, tools provided, other employees were pleasant Cons: Rude managers who got too big for their boots Advice to Senior Management: Training initially for new employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Royal Mail.

Worked for Royal Mail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Mail reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Royal Mail CEO Moya M. Greene. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Mail employees.