Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology
rmit.edu.au Melbourne, Australia 5000+ Employees

Good employment opportunity with some supportive management staff. But little to no career development.

Client Liaison Officer (Current Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

ProsThe salary is very good (higher than average) when comparing to other companies. Good supportive management staff with a stress free work environment (depending on your department/area). The IT systems here are constantly evolving and improving. Good senior management communication.

ConsI previously worked in a different department within RMIT and found that it was high stress and the management was very poor. I had 4 weeks annual leave which in my 1 year working there I was not allowed to take as every time I applied for it, it was rejected - even with months notice. Sick days were questioned with my manager even forcing me to disclose personal information which I advised was inappropriate.

But I have moved departments since then and have found the management in my new department very relaxing and supportive. No problems with anything at all! So, I think it really depends on where you work within RMIT.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease implement more career development opportunities and feedback sessions. Management approaching me and saying "hey I've seen your name - I heard you do excellent work, good job" is great and everything - but where is the career development?

Unhappy place

I have been working at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology

Pros: The main campus is in the heart of the cultural capital of Australia. Everything's convenient including public transport. Further… Cons: RMIT is a collection of former institutes/ TAFES/ that were amalgamated in the 1990's. This history has never allowed a real integration. To date RMIT… Advice to Senior Management: Why not put together a staff forum asking what staff see as problematic and what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

employer rating

Technical Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology

Pros: Easygoing Atmosphere. Break from pressure when semesters finish. Cons: Lack of respect, Lack of rewards for taking initiative or having good ideas that are being taken… Advice to Senior Management: Managers need to have people skills. More
There are newer reviews on Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Worked for Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology employees.