Royal National Institute of Blind People

www.rnib.org.uk
  www.rnib.org.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Royal National Institute of Blind People

Great bunch of team mates

Former Employee - Data Import Officer in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Data Import Officer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Royal National Institute of Blind People full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got to meet lots of new friends

Cons

No cons, evrything was good.

Keep up the good work

4 Other Employee Reviews for Royal National Institute of Blind People (View Most Recent)

If only they did themselves what they expect other employers to do in relation to employing and retaining blind people

I have been working at Royal National Institute of Blind People

Pros

Work/life balance issues usually well supported

Cons

It's hard to take an yemployer seriously when the campaign and tell the outside world that they should employ blind and partially sighted people when the Organisation itself does nothing to discriminate positively with regards to employing blind and partially sighted people. Other than if 2 candidates have exactly the same mark at interview the blind and partiall.y sighted person would get the job. Over the last year and a half most of the staff who have a guide dog, whom I used to work with, were the first to be made redundant - not what you'd expect. Aren't these the very people who will find it most difficult in the current economic climate to get other employers to consider them? Shouldn't they have been given re=trainining and support to switch to other roels within the Organisation if their post was being made redundant. I am activly looking for another job because I feel the Organisation is hypocritical and it's not something I want to be part of.
    Ps trustees get lots spent on added extras such as a voice coach and overnight expenses

Volunteering at the RNIB

Current Employee - Volunteer Office Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Volunteer Office Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Royal National Institute of Blind People part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seeing a charity from the inside
    More work experience for my CV

Cons

I haevn't encountered and cons as yet

There are newer employer reviews for Royal National Institute of Blind People