Ruan Transportation Management Systems
www.ruan.com Des Moines, IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

the worst benefits

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time

ProsLots of different opportunities for drivers, if you are flexible with the hours you want to work and the accounts you will work with.

ConsI think the benefits are lacking in so many ways. Only a 30% match 401k. Health insurance is self insured with Wellmark handling billing and payments. You will waste a lot of time calling doctor office's asking them to write letters to Wellmark just to get you prescriptions filled(just about every prescription). You will be faxing receipts and forms to them to verify flex spend account expenses. I hope you like jumping threw the hoops.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want safe quality drivers you will need to make it a place that drivers want to work. That means quality pay and benefits. I will be seeking other employment with better trucking companies. I have a spotless driving record with a great work ethic. Looks like Ruan lost another good driver.

Ruan could be a good company to work for but is plagued by poor management.

PC Tech (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Ruan Transportation Management Systems

Pros: Ruan is a small company and when time permits I was… Cons: Ruan IT has ignorant, outdated and arrogant management. The manager of computer services is not skilled at today's latest trends in the desktop environment and… Advice to Senior Management: Ruan management needs to completely overhaul their IT management. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A lot of promises with nothing to show for it.

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems

Pros: Overtime.... But only because of the customer, not because Ruan… Cons: EVERYTHING! Management has no idea what there doing. the only qualified person to run a terminal was let go,… Advice to Senior Management: Step aside and learn from people that are more qualified.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ruan Transportation Management Systems.

Worked for Ruan Transportation Management Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ruan Transportation Management Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ruan Transportation Management Systems CEO John Ruan III. All reviews posted anonymously by Ruan Transportation Management Systems employees.