Ruan Transportation Management Systems

www.ruan.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems

Can't hold on to drivers

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Fair Oaks, IN
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Fair Oaks, IN

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent money for the hours worked

Cons

This is my experience from Ruan terminal 391.Located in Fair oaks Indiana.Seniority means nothing there.Your recognized on how well you get along with management.If your a favorite you get the shift you want.If not well good luck. I have been there close to when Ruan took over and am treated like a new driver.Also management cannot figure out scheduling of deliveries good enough to keep a smooth based operation.I have no prior skills of dispatching or scheduling and I could do a better job.When reprimanded it is done in front of everyone in office at times.I have had it happen to me and seen it happen to others.Overall I would not advise anyone to work here.There is a reason they cannot hold onto drivers and there is a drivers bonus of $1000 if you can get a friend to work and stay.

Advice to Management

Loosen your belts up and worry about your job a lot more instead of gossiping and patting yourself on the back.YOU DON'T DESERVE IT.

Other Employee Reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems

the worst benefits

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time

Pros

Lots of different opportunities for drivers, if you are flexible with the hours you want to work and the accounts you will work with.

Cons

I think the benefits are lacking in so many ways. Only a 30% match 401k. Health insurance is self insured with Wellmark handling billing and payments. You will waste a lot of time calling doctor office's asking them to write letters to Wellmark just to get you prescriptions filled(just about every prescription). You will be faxing receipts and forms to them to verify flex spend account expenses. I hope you like jumping threw the hoops.

Advice to Management

If you want safe quality drivers you will need to make it a place that drivers want to work. That means quality pay and benefits. I will be seeking other employment with better trucking companies. I have a spotless driving record with a great work ethic. Looks like Ruan lost another good driver.

Ruan could be a good company to work for but is plagued by poor management.

Former Employee - PC Tech in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - PC Tech in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Ruan is a small company and when time permits I was able to talk to other IT departments to learn about their fields.

Cons

Ruan IT has ignorant, outdated and arrogant management. The manager of computer services is not skilled at today's latest trends in the desktop environment and relies on other managers. He lacks the ability to manage, when I started he managed six employees and was reduced to two employees then once due to his lack of ability to manage employees.

Advice to Management

Ruan management needs to completely overhaul their IT management. They have lost many quality employees while keep the same poor management.