There are newer employer reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems

Very happy with this job

Current Employee - Route Driver in Show Low, AZ
Current Employee - Route Driver in Show Low, AZ

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

home everyday, good pay, great benifits, great company, boss's are great, trucks are new, vacation time after 1 year, safety program is top notch

Cons

I cant think of any

none

31 Other Employee Reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems (View Most Recent)

Worked at one terminal for years

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay. Decent equipment. Full benefits. It was a union terminal though so that may have something to do with it.

Cons

I just don't do the buddy system very well. Seniority means nothing. 3 snitches at this terminal out of 15 drivers. One guy was okay. A straight shooter. The other two would start a negative conversation about the terminal manager to see what you say. Very tricky place. They were losing mechanics right and left almost every 4 months. I have a clean MVR for over 30 years. Very high credit rating and no criminal record. Never complained to Human Resources. None of that mattered. When I left I'm getting a bad referral from my terminal manager because he knew I left cause of him. The way it goes I guess.

I think the buddy system is overrated. If it works for you guys then I don't know what to say. For me it invites too much politics and backstabbing. If I was mega rich and owned a company I wouldn't put up with any of that.

Good at home time, but organization and management at terminal is bad. Watch about those promises from management!

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Huron, SD
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Huron, SD

I worked at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Home time is good, benefits are good, coworkers are great. But you have long hours in the spring and fall, and sometimes not even 40 hours in summer and winter. When I was hired , I was promised paid 40 hour weeks in the winter, but was later told that might not happen. Management talks about pay increases and other stuff but doesn't follow through. Terminal is disorganized and inefficient when assigning and moving loads, only wants to text even if you are giving two weeks notice. Goes through lots of drivers at Huron, three in the past eight months out of six drivers because of issues.

Cons

Cons are above, wrote everything above

Get organized and communicate with employees better, not just texting!

There are newer employer reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems