Ruan Transportation Management Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems

You are not valued

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Meridian, ID
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Meridian, ID

I worked at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the opportunity to work local routes so you are home every day. The pay is better than if you work for an OTR company.

Cons

I was promised a swing shift and that the dairies close at 7pm. Not once did I ever get a swing shift schedule unless you consider a 5pm to 5am schedule swing shift.
The $200 reimbursement for a gym is a joke. I submitted all of the paperwork and receipt and was never compensated.
I was let go due to an error I made that did cost the company money. Rightly so. I would like to challenge, however, that when you work on average 12 hour days (with 14 hour days sprinkled in) you will eventually become tired enough that your cognitive functioning will become impaired. This, I believe, is what happened to me. Working overnight shift, complicated with too many hours week after week, left me extremely tired and impaired my decision making skills. I would suggest the next time the company asks how we can make safety a top priority and reduce accidents, they look at how hard they work their employees and how that impacts their cognitive functioning!
Or do I need to explain to management what cognitive functioning means?

Listen to your employees. They have ideas. They are out in the field every day. They can tell you what works and what doesn't work. When you have a high rate of turnover, might it be that your processes and business model may be the culprit?

27 Other Employee Reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems (View Most Recent)

The Ruan Way is the Wrong Way

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time

Pros

Not too many. One thing to be fair, my compensation is decent for the job that I'm doing. Also, work/life balance is good.

Cons

This company, from the top down, is very bureaucratic and devoid of any structure. There is no onsite HR personnel. There are no standards for attendance, discipline, or productivity. Enforcement of these things are at the whim of each supervisor. Abject exploitation of temp labor is ridiculous. There is no temp to hire here. Maybe after a year if your lucky...if you're still there. Turn over is out of control. Their mission statement says that the use best workers in the industry. $11 an hour labor is not the best crew. The saying " you get what you pay for" goes for people as well. They're still paying the work pimps $4/hr/worker, so the only cost savings really is in the cost of benefits. They do not provide me the proper tools to do my job: labor,space, equipment.

Stop being so cheap. I hate to break it to you, but running a business costs money. I know you make a killing on your accounts and you run your own bank for gods sake. Plow some money into your business.

Lack of efficiency across the board

Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor
    Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Health insurance, good pay for the position

Cons

Lack of corporate knowledge of support. Weak systems hardware and software

Ask how you can be of help instead of demanding to be served.

There are newer employer reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems

Worked for Ruan Transportation Management Systems? Contribute to the Community!