Rubio's Restaurants

www.rubios.com

Fair pay when you work 45-50 hours.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - General Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Benefits, paid vacation, fair pay when you work 45-50 hours.

Cons

No work/life balance, expect to work 65+ hour weeks.

Better support to external California units.

Other reviews for Rubio's Restaurants

Great Company

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Rubios is a great company great work-life balance, contribution is appreciated and that makes you want to give in your best.

Cons

I cannot think of any

Please check on your GMs to see how they esteem their direct reports. Sometimes an immediate supervisor may not be performing according to standards. Use Surveys to get feedback if not one-on-ones. But overall a great company. If it was not for being relocated it is a company I would have wanted to retire from.

Happy to be here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

I came to the Rubio's Corporate Office looking for a job that offered more flexibility with my schedule than the job I was at while still having a small company feel. I definitely found that here. I was so surprised to find out that we our core business hours are 9-4pm and that I could come in at 7am and leave at 4pm if I wanted. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that we have summer hours and from Memorial Day to Labor Day we get out of work at 1:30pm on Fridays. Um, that's amazing and I've never worked for a company that did that.
    My management team is very focused on everyone having a good work/life balance and I find that rare in business today. I love it and its so refreshing.
    I love that the culture is geared towards 'work hard/play hard' and that the CEO and Ralph are so accessible to everyone here at corporate.

Cons

While I'm so excited to have this opportunity here at Rubio's and I appreciate it every day, there were some things about my first 2 months that I did not like and I found frustrating. I felt like the training was seriously lacking. I don't think that watching your trainer do a task once (while taking notes) is enough to then be expected to go and do it on your own. At least, I personally don't learn that way. It was definitely a 'sink or swim' situation that left me feeling frustrated, unintelligent, upset and in tears several times. The manual at my desk is very out of date and unorganized. I just wish that there was a more comprehensive training program rather than feeling like I was failing. If nothing else, this just pushes me towards making sure that I have a complete Desk Procedures Manual in place in case we hire another person on my team and they need to be trained.

Please spend more time training your new employees. Even if a new employee comes to the company with a lot of experience there are still so many procedures and programs that are unique to Rubio's and need to trained on. I know everyone gets really busy with their day to day priorities but properly training a new hire should be top priority. It is very expensive for a company to lose a new employee and have high turnover so why not make sure the new employees have all of the tools they need to succeed instead of feeling like they are sinking.

There are newer employer reviews for Rubio's Restaurants.

Worked for Rubio's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!