There are newer employer reviews for Rubio's Restaurants

Self driven advancements, selfish upper management.

Current Employee - Shift Leader
Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Rubio's Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to make my way from a GSA to a Line 1 cook fully certified within about 4-5 months, then began my shift leader development to finish as a shift leader by the 6th month. The pay is okay at $10 an hour.

Cons

Upper management appeared to have a great lack of concern for their store, as well as the advancement of their team members. There was also a great lack of motivation in the workplace which was due to the lack of concern as well. There was basically no such thing as a "good job" or even a "hey this isn't going soo well, here's how you can improve" for that matter.

Show a greater role in your leadership priorities and don't appear to hate your job. Also, consider showing a greater concern for your team members personal development.

*I'm sure everything stated above is not relevant to every store as I have worked at multiple, this mainly only pertains to my current.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Rubio's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Routine corporate job with such potential if management accepted it more freely.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Rubio's Restaurants full-time

Pros

There's a lot of opportunity to work inter departmentally to improve processes and efficiencies.

Cons

New ideas that involve any department but your own aren't always received with open minds, stilfling possible improvements.

Management believed they had an open door policy, that they were open to all suggestions and ideas and available to everyone, but the cogs of the company never really felt that.

It was good at first.

Current Employee - GSA in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - GSA in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at Rubio's Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of the people are friendly and easy to work with. Mostly everyone is trained very well, and excels in their position. People in the leadership positions are present.

Cons

The mood is often "gloom and doom." No one seems content. I worked five to six days per week for about a five month period, when I had asked to work a maximum of four days per week. This made it difficult to devote time to my studies and my family. I was hired as a cashier, and have been put to doing work in the back (dishes, sweeping, taking out trash, cooking, etc.) frequently. We are not allowed to accept tips. Poor communication between management and lower level staff. Misunderstandings occur frequently. Weekly schedule is often changed mid-week, and some employees are not exposed to these changes until the day of their shift. Have had three different general managers in the last four months.

Let us accept tips! Even the mentality of making more money through tips is a good one. Better communication between management and hourly employees is also key. Schedule changes should be kept to a minimum as they lead to many complications.

There are newer employer reviews for Rubio's Restaurants