A Rip off of tips

Former Employee - Server With 15+ Years Experience in Stroudsburg, PA
Former Employee - Server With 15+ Years Experience in Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Fun co workers, flexible schedule

Cons

Tipout of server tips to pay the rest of the FOH employees was out of control....I onlt worked lunch shifts my choice...it was a part time job for a mostly stay at home mom....but I would make 60-70 dollars in tips and leave with 40 dollars! I would tip out 30 percent of my sales to a food runner and hostess that really did not do anything.

Advice to Management

Let your servers do their jobs...we can run our own food...roll our own silverware...we don't need to stand in our station and stare at our guests while other people do our jobs and take a lot of our salaries..STOP CHANGING THE MENU....you were better where there was crap all over the walls...at least there was something to look at...so so beige...I am now a 43 year old college junior working toward a MA in Psychology waiting tables at at local diner making over 25 dollars an hour working the same job I was making 7 dollars an hour...we are smart people treat us that way..

reviews filtered by
  1. fun/ learning

Current Employee - Server in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Server in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Its a really great environment and everyone is welcoming. The managers are willing to work with your schedule and give you what you need to make it. Their is ability to move up to even become a manager in the industry.

Cons

drama! Many employees create drama with the managers but Im sure this happens everywhere

Advice to Management

There is alot of leadership! Many managers actually want to help you move up in the business.

2. Turbulent.

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ruby Tuesday

Pros

Ruby Tuesday is a well established and stable company. The new training department is outstanding. Stock prices are always on the rise.

Cons

Restaurants build a reputation on quality and consistency. Ruby Tuesday reacts too quickly with limited statistical feedback. The menu changes too often and this upsets many guests.

Advice to Management

Fresh is better. Upgrade the menu stock. Use linen table cloths and napkins. Get the clutter off the tables. Buy better stemware.