There are newer employer reviews for Ruder Finn

Wonderful community, hands on experience for all & smart leardership

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Ruder Finn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great people! Everyone here is super smart, from Executive Trainees to the CEO, and we all learn from and support each other. There is a great vibe here because everyone gets along, there is minimal drama and people like what they do. - Solid accounts - The agency is an upswing of winning some amazing business. There are some pretty great accounts in all groups. - Smart way of working - Management here has a smart approach to work, so staff doesn't feel like they're trucking along for no reason. RF has a smart way of working, so that we're not throwing darts at a million different targets and instead have a strategy that is understood by junior people. - Great perks - from snacks, to summer hours, to charity drives and occasional parties, staff are given great perks. We can also bring dogs to work on Fridays and my dog loves coming here.

Cons

- Senior management is thin - there aren't many at the SVP level so leadership in some groups is thin. This creates more exposure opportunities for those at the mid-level, but sometimes you just want an SVP to better help guide you instead of having to go straight to the top. - Long hours happen - as with any PR agency job, work ebbs and flows, which means sometimes we work late.

Advice to Management

More internal engagement and leadership would be great. Better cross-group internal synergies are needed too. Also, more senior managers in the office would be great!

Other Employee Reviews for Ruder Finn

1. Enjoyable and relaxing work environment

Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Ruder Finn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are very nice and fun. The working environment is very clean and modern. You get to work on some great clients such as Citi, Pepsico, Loreal etc

Cons

Benefits are a bit limited. Dose not include dental or vision.

Advice to Management

be on time at work.

Disorganized and discouraging

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Ruder Finn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on work with clients

Cons

Everything else relating to the work place was wrong

Advice to Management

A family business is not a good place to work. Having sibling rivalries hang over the heads of employees is highly demoralizing.