Oh La La, not!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue La La full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, young energetic smart people galore, and managers with a lot of personality. Big initiative to retool the core technology Process is mostly Agile (whatever that means). Management is big on the vision. Work hard & play hard

Cons

Turn over is a problem in some department.. Management is often chasing the next shinny thing. Parts of management turn over so continuity and knowledge can be difficult.. Promotion and training is not what it should be. Back-end tools are clunky and old.

Advice to Management

Train your folks, improve the day-to-day tools, and promote from within more.

Other Employee Reviews for Rue La La

Dissapointing, Toxic Culture

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue La La full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Office in Fort Point (growing "Innovation District") - Associate Sample Sales (when you're not getting shoved out of the way) - Working for a recognized brand - Some fun people to work side-by-side with (with a "we're all in this together" attitude)

Cons

- Technology, technology, technology! We keep hearing "we know and we're working on it), but have never been provided a timeline, a plan, or have seen any results. When tools are "enhanced", project managers don't include appropriate teams and tools end up not working appropriately. - Senior leadership, they're pompous and don't seem to care about their team, just being spiteful to the other leaders they don't like. - Negative culture, low morale - No support, from leadership, IT, across departments - No communication

Advice to Management

Focus a little more on technology, infrastructure and communication. What could be an exciting environment is plagued by broken systems, angry associates and pompous leadership. Stop hiring a new VP or president when you want something fixed. This is a business, not magic-land. Giving yet another person $250K won't fix your company, most would argue it makes it worse. Communicate with your teams and create a collaborative culture with tools that we need. There's SO much potential with this brand, but without some serious changes, our successes won't last too much longer as we won't be able to stay competitive and will ultimately "lose the flash sale race."

Meh

Pros

It's in Boston and the name carries weight

Cons

No structure, tons of girls who don't really know which end is up