Rugged Wearhouse

www.ruggedwearhouse.com
  www.ruggedwearhouse.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rugged Wearhouse

Retaliation. Is not foreign to these folks

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Store Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse full-time for more than a year

Pros

It really is a nice in-store environment to work in. The salary is above average

Cons

Too many chiefs not enough Indians! The upper management will give several different directions on the same topic. Leaving less experienced managers confused. The upper management is also very vindictive in their behaviors. Promote from within is what they always say and seldom do it.

Get some integrity! Learn honesty! Get rid of politics! And let people be people! Stop being so vengeful

20 Other Employee Reviews for Rugged Wearhouse (View Most Recent)

Glad I was only there for 3 months!!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Rugged Wearhouse

Pros

It's very busy all the time. ...... yea that's about it.

Cons

Work / life balance sucks. When the DM gets mad because the Regional get on her butt then the DM does not care about your family life. I was working 6 days a week starting in October, and working from1:30 pm to 10:00 pm. or 8:30- 5 pm. vacation days could never get approved. and My store Manager had no balls to stand up for us the employee's. whatever the DM wanted the SM said ok.. The employee bathrooms are GROSS. corporate said they were going to renovate the bathroom and break room since i started there. Health benefits sucks as well. and don't even get me started on payroll. I never in my 19 years of retail mgmt had to be the backup cashier because there was no hours to have two cashiers. then be on a register for 6 hours and wonder why my department looks like crap!!

people have lives outside of work. you guys only care about the dollar that is going into your pocket not that people have families at home or little kids. you guys need to start treating your employee's better or you guys are not going to have any..

Rugged Wearhouse

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Rugged Wearhouse

Pros

Excellent bargains on clothes, but you can get that shopping there. You don't actually have to work there. Salary management gets 2 weeks paid vacation, if you can get it approved.

Cons

Payroll is slashed making it difficult to complete all tasks. Direction from corp is poor at best, and often contradictory. Treatment of hourly employees is unfair and dishonest. Terrible, unfriendly customer base.

Learn that your best employees are going to have a healthy work/life balance and enact policies to support that. There are too many people within the company who have the ability to issue directives with no knowledge on how it will actually work in the stores. Solicit feedback from management on a regular basis. They are the people who see what goods are moving and what aren't and what techniques are working and which aren't. Get a proper inventory system that will replenish stock based on sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Rugged Wearhouse

Worked for Rugged Wearhouse? Contribute to the Community!