Rush Trucking

trucom2.rushtrucking.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Rush Trucking

Solid Company, Great people to work for!

Current Employee - Safety & Compliance in Wayne, MI
Current Employee - Safety & Compliance in Wayne, MI

I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rush Trucking provides a high level of dedication and professionalism in the Transportation industry.

Cons

50 mile commute twice daily.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Rush Trucking (View Most Recent)

Falling Short of Greatness

Former Employee - Dedicated Driver in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Dedicated Driver in Omaha, NE

I worked at Rush Trucking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Rush Trucking is out of Wayne, MI. I worked their for almost three years. I liked the administration at Rush, which is weird because with most companies. I don't like the admin. Everyone, with very few exceptions, was nice and treated the driver like a human being. The company is very safety minded, and if you have a problem with driving, because of safety, they work with you. They take good care of their equipment, and when it is time to pay the repair bill they do their best to get you out of their fast. My dispatchers were some of the nicest and most reasonable people I have ever met or dealt with.

Cons

My pay was average or perhaps a little above average. I asked for a raise twice but never got it. In fact, I never even got a response. Another problem I had was that it was difficult to speak to anyone above the rank of dispatcher. Their phone systems are not even designed to let you speak to the higher level administration figures or even some of the middling management. There was some vague person working at the dispatch department who I called 12 or more days in a row, and he never did call me back. The company used to give out their fuel bonuses every month, and the standards were reasonable, but later on they changed it to quarterly and standards became unreasonable. The medical insurance was substandard, I paid about 200+ per month for Blue Cross Blue Shield, and my total out of pocket per year was $6500. I want to point out that I would recommend a person working here, but not long term, and only if the pay and routes were sufficient for you.

Dishonesty is unacceptable, and some of the bad apples in the company are given a pass when it is clearly undeserved. You guys need to pay your drivers better. You are too tight fisted with your money, and if that is because your company isn't doing well enough to pay the drivers better, then you might want to downsize or reorganize your budget.

Good

I have been working at Rush Trucking

Pros

Good place to work yes

Cons

Not much r oon for advancement, no raises ever

Good