Rush Trucking

trucom2.rushtrucking.com
  trucom2.rushtrucking.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rush Trucking

Solid Company, Great people to work for!

Current Employee - Safety & Compliance in Wayne, MI
Current Employee - Safety & Compliance in Wayne, MI

I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rush Trucking provides a high level of dedication and professionalism in the Transportation industry.

Cons

50 mile commute twice daily.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Rush Trucking (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time

Pros

$17hr is some of the best pay in the area. The short shuttle runs will spoil a driver. The options for additional weekend hours is always available.

Cons

The layoffs are brutal if you can't or don't prepare for them. You work 3 weeks in the hole before you get the first check. During layoff there are always issues with collecting unemployment.

Rush prides itself on being minority owned but except for the largest minority (women) there are almost no minorities in administration who can add to diversity and insight aside from the status quo.

Well they leave you alone for most part, especially when you have a question or need help with payroll or some other communication they rarely get back to you without you constantly harassing them.

Current Employee - Driver Dedicated in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Driver Dedicated in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Rush Trucking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of work and miles more then enuff to keep you busy, Problem is they pay flat rates per day so if all this work takes you 15 hrs you just worked for minimum wage or less. Unless you do a lot of beaching then they may throw a bone or two your way, but don't count on it regularly.

Cons

well lets start with the 61 mph trucks that are 99% ryder lease trucks and your driving in a 65 to 70 mph state! Need I say more? Oh and there's there csa score! Have you seen it? Makes you wonder how so many drivers get speeding tickets in a 61 mph truck that averages 51 mph doesn't it? And there equipment maintenance violations, you would think ryder took better care of there equipment wouldn't you? Oh did I mention you slip seat so your in a different truck daily usually. And why are our drivers so tired if there running e-logs in a 61 mph truck and getting csa violations? Doesn't make sense does it? Well I am sure you can fill in the blanks. Don't let me forget to mention there mostly day cab trucks so no sleeper births and no your not getting put up in a hotel either.Trailer maintenance leaves a lot to be desired also.

Upper management and all of management needs to fire themselves and start over and who ever is doing the hiring (hopefully not recruiting) can start hiring from the right sources and not so much from the left, because we can all see where that road has taken us!

There are newer employer reviews for Rush Trucking