Director

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rush University Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive environment. Good training program for new managers. Decent benefit package. Affordable parking onsite. Good restaurants around. Good Networking possibilities. Well known for patient care.

Cons

Bad commute. Not a good pay time off plan. Hard to move up. Not a good succession plan. Retirement matching is too low. Salary increases do not even compensate for increase in cost of living. Not a top institution in research.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent before it is too late to keep them around. Do not just promote the employees who have been there for ever. Give opportunities to grow to others, especially those who come from other institutions. Retain the real talent and lye go others.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Project Coordinator

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Healthcare is an industry that will always be hiring.

Cons

The Medical Center has new advances, but the University is behind the times. None of the systems are online, everything is process by paper. And the majority of the technology is at least 5-7 years old. They are working to update the processes and system, but they are at least 2-3 year out from the whole institution being up to date.

Advice to Management

Management need to remember administrators. Yes, the doctors and faculty are important, but so are the administrators. There are not outlets for them; they need advocates, just as well as the doctors and faculty do. In a lot of cases doctors and faculty treat administrators as lesser human beings, just because they don't have comparable degrees. But in most cases the administrators are who keep the machine working and should be treated as such. Respect should expected to be given no matter your education level.

2. Nurse -CSSD-Group Leader

Current Employee - CSSD-Group Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - CSSD-Group Leader in Chicago, IL

Pros

I had been working in Saudi Arabia for about 20 years, and I have the ability to work in gulf area .

Cons

I have no propel to live in this area ,I know how the people live and understand the culture life.
    I want to work hard and ably al my experiences with my education to improve this organization to the maximum. This is my only challenge.

Advice to Management

• With my long term skills and education for the Sterile Services Department, I can cover Manager position in CSSD
    • Profound ability of management and organizational skills
    • Effective communicator in one-one and group situation with staff, management, physicians, nurses, and vendors