Great pay and benefits for non-profit but a little to paper-driven

Former Employee - Clinician  in  Middletown, CT
Former Employee - Clinician in Middletown, CT

I worked at Rushford Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their pay was very competitive when I was there a few years ago. I was actually making the same amount there as a BSW as I was at another agency with my MSW. They offer a wide variety of programs, making it easy to refer a client to another program. Paid for 2 trainings every quarter (or was it half) either with CSSD or DMHAS.

Cons

Since it is such a big organization, they could be a little too focused on paperwork, leaving less time for client interaction and aid.

Help advocate for a more seamless approach to the paperwork so clinicians aren't sending out the same information on 3 different forms (or what have you). Work with clients should always be the priority.

Other Reviews for Rushford Center

Company Culture and Outlook

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

I worked at Rushford Center full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive and location is easy to reach via various major highways.

Cons

Senior Leadership is unstable. Company and jobs are unstable. Multiple re-organizations and changes in upper management have occurred and have not positively affected the bottom line or company culture. Attempt to adapt the philosophy, culture and values of the parent company Hartford Healthcare have been in process with little to no change. Direction and goals of the agency have changed numerous times. A number of programs continue to run in a large deficit affecting the overall bottom line and morale of employees. In the past year nearly all of senior leadership have left or been asked to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Rushford Center.

Worked for Rushford Center? Contribute to the Community!