There are newer employer reviews for Russ Reid

Experienced professionals...beware.

Former Employee - Vice President in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Vice President in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Russ Reid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Help nonprofits achieve their missions...pretty cool.

Cons

Insular culture...there is a group of people that run the company who have all been there for 20+ years. Other than myself, I can think of at least 10 highly capable, experienced professionals who struggled to be accepted by the long-term folks during my short tenure - all of whom are no longer there. If people have an issue with you, they won't tell you to your face...they will complain to others. You won't hear a peep until it's too late. The company is close to a turn-stile for experienced people. Good place for new kids right out of school to learn the ropes though...but you will be worked to the bone.

Get rid of the long term employees who block progress, shun new ideas, are too entrenched in their ways, and prevent new people from integrating. Keep the new people, toss the problematic long term folks...not the other way around.

Russ Reid Response

Apr 26, 2013Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It’s important for us to hear both the positive and negative critiques as it helps us continue building a strong and healthy agency. We’re ... More

36 Other Employee Reviews for Russ Reid (View Most Recent)

Best in class niche agency

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Russ Reid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Russ Reid is filled with extremely talented and knowledgable employees in the direct response marketing space. They use proven tactics to grow hundreds of organizations beyond what they could do on their own. There is much room for growth and multiple programs built to aid employees in their professional growth.

Cons

Because of Russ Reid's scope of work, many join and are disappointed that the majority of time is focused on traditional DR marketing methods. Though I agree that the vehicles used yield the best results for clients, more effort into innovation, finding new business opportunities and experimentation could be beneficial long-term.

Great at what they do.

Former Employee - Client Service in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Russ Reid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Feel good about the work you are doing. Have a better work/life balance. Healthy working environment.

This agency generally has less drama than others I've worked for. They are also very process oriented which can sometimes be frustrating. However, they have the ability to turn out a large volume of work error free.

Cons

Salary is below average. As a mature DR agency in the nonprofit world they are slow to change.

While process is a strength, it's also a weakness. If a new idea doesn't fit within the guide rails of the current model it's a painful process to execution.

The old business models are not going to work 10 years from now for networked client groups.

There are newer employer reviews for Russ Reid