There are newer employer reviews for Russ Reid

This company cannot manage its greatest assest--its people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Russ Reid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I made wonderful friendships that will last a lifetime and had one incredible mentor that changed my life. But these were exceptions to an overall negative experience.

Cons

The management, who have been there for decades, are lazy, condescending and arrogant. They promote incompetence because of their own incompetence. When they have an issue with an employee, they will never tell the employee to their face, but will go above them to their supervisor. Rarely, if at all, is the employee given enough of an opportunity to change or grow because by the time they hear of the problem, it's too late. Management is already making plans to get them out the door.

I cannot express enough just how much I would warn anyone considering working here. It is not worth it, for any reason. The experience will beat you down, shred your confidence and leave you totally confused about your own abilities. Additionally, the pay is terrible. They are a for profit company. Do not let them tell that you that because they work for non-profits, they can't offer competitive salaries. The executives are making six figures and above. Furthermore, they say they grow their people and want their employees to be happy. I saw very little evidence of that. Most people I knew were miserable and paranoid.

I worked there for a number of years and can't believe it took me this long to free myself. Don't let that be you. Don't go there in the first place. It will destroy your life.

Retire.

reviews filtered by
  1. Best in class niche agency

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Russ Reid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Russ Reid is filled with extremely talented and knowledgable employees in the direct response marketing space. They use proven tactics to grow hundreds of organizations beyond what they could do on their own. There is much room for growth and multiple programs built to aid employees in their professional growth.

Cons

Because of Russ Reid's scope of work, many join and are disappointed that the majority of time is focused on traditional DR marketing methods. Though I agree that the vehicles used yield the best results for clients, more effort into innovation, finding new business opportunities and experimentation could be beneficial long-term.

2. Great at what they do.

Former Employee - Client Service in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Russ Reid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Feel good about the work you are doing. Have a better work/life balance. Healthy working environment.

This agency generally has less drama than others I've worked for. They are also very process oriented which can sometimes be frustrating. However, they have the ability to turn out a large volume of work error free.

Cons

Salary is below average. As a mature DR agency in the nonprofit world they are slow to change.

While process is a strength, it's also a weakness. If a new idea doesn't fit within the guide rails of the current model it's a painful process to execution.

The old business models are not going to work 10 years from now for networked client groups.

There are newer employer reviews for Russ Reid