Russ Reid
www.russreid.com Pasadena, CA 150 to 499 Employees

This company cannot manage its greatest assest--its people.

(Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

ProsI made wonderful friendships that will last a lifetime and had one incredible mentor that changed my life. But these were exceptions to an overall negative experience.

ConsThe management, who have been there for decades, are lazy, condescending and arrogant. They promote incompetence because of their own incompetence. When they have an issue with an employee, they will never tell the employee to their face, but will go above them to their supervisor. Rarely, if at all, is the employee given enough of an opportunity to change or grow because by the time they hear of the problem, it's too late. Management is already making plans to get them out the door.

I cannot express enough just how much I would warn anyone considering working here. It is not worth it, for any reason. The experience will beat you down, shred your confidence and leave you totally confused about your own abilities. Additionally, the pay is terrible. They are a for profit company. Do not let them tell that you that because they work for non-profits, they can't offer competitive salaries. The executives are making six figures and above. Furthermore, they say they grow their people and want their employees to be happy. I saw very little evidence of that. Most people I knew were miserable and paranoid.

I worked there for a number of years and can't believe it took me this long to free myself. Don't let that be you. Don't go there in the first place. It will destroy your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire.

Best in class niche agency

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Russ Reid full-time for more than a year

Pros: Russ Reid is filled with extremely talented and knowledgable employees in the direct response marketing space. They use proven tactics to grow hundreds of organizations… Cons: Because of Russ Reid's scope of work, many join and are disappointed that the majority of time is focused on traditional DR marketing methods. Though… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great at what they do.

Client Service (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

I worked at Russ Reid full-time for more than a year

Pros: Feel good about the work you are doing. Have a better work/life balance. Healthy working environment. This agency generally has less drama… Cons: Salary is below average. As a mature DR agency in the nonprofit world they are slow to change. While process is a strength, it's… Advice to Senior Management: The old business models are not going to work 10… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Russ Reid.

Worked for Russ Reid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Russ Reid reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Russ Reid CEO Tom Harrison. All reviews posted anonymously by Russ Reid employees.