Russell Investments

www.russell.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Russell Investments

Great benefits and work-life balance, but not fast-paced environment

Current Employee - Analyst in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Analyst in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Russell Investments

Pros

There are a lot of nice, smart people you get to work with, and I've learned a lot about investments and the markets since I've worked here. All my managers have been great and have offered me flexible hours. Hard to find the same retirement, medical, and sabbatical benefits at other firms. I know that a lot of local people that wish they worked at Russell because it's such a great company but hard to get hired on.

Cons

The term "glacial change" comes to mind when I think of how slow it can be at times to get things to happen at Russell. IMHO, the company is in a sort of "awkward teenager" phase of growth, where they are too big to let things happen without a ton of manager approvals, but not big enough to invest in infrastructure and stream-lined processes that would make things go faster. This makes having executive support behind your initiatives critical to your job.

Keep working on improving our technology and infrastructure, and on breaking down the silos to foster more innovation and collaboration between teams.

110 Other Employee Reviews for Russell Investments (View Most Recent)

Was a good place to work....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Russell Investments

Pros

Great peers to work with; Summit Cafe

Cons

Management has run company into the ground and negated all the things that made Russell one of the best places to work

Go back to basics; clean house starting at the top

Russell great place to intern

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Russell Investments

Pros

Pay is good relative to other opportunities in the area. Great exposure to different aspects of an investment management firm.

Cons

The company has become very bureaucratic

Russell should still offer intern workshops where interns get a glimpse of other departments. This used to learn about the business as a whole and network.

There are newer employer reviews for Russell Investments