Russell Investments

www.russell.com
  www.russell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Russell Investments

Great benefits and work-life balance, but not fast-paced environment

Current Employee - Analyst in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Analyst in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Russell Investments

Pros

There are a lot of nice, smart people you get to work with, and I've learned a lot about investments and the markets since I've worked here. All my managers have been great and have offered me flexible hours. Hard to find the same retirement, medical, and sabbatical benefits at other firms. I know that a lot of local people that wish they worked at Russell because it's such a great company but hard to get hired on.

Cons

The term "glacial change" comes to mind when I think of how slow it can be at times to get things to happen at Russell. IMHO, the company is in a sort of "awkward teenager" phase of growth, where they are too big to let things happen without a ton of manager approvals, but not big enough to invest in infrastructure and stream-lined processes that would make things go faster. This makes having executive support behind your initiatives critical to your job.

Keep working on improving our technology and infrastructure, and on breaking down the silos to foster more innovation and collaboration between teams.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Russell Investments (View Most Recent)

Okay

I worked at Russell Investments

Pros

Great pay compared to other companies that have the same position that I had. Work atmosphere was good and friendly.

Cons

Too many middle managment people that were there to keep track of people's work. I felt those people were not needed and wasted my time when "checking in" with me.

Get rid of the "project managers" that really don't do anything but make sure people are doing their jobs when those people don't need supervision.

Not what it seems

I worked at Russell Investments

Pros

Strong reputation
    Extremely intelligent co-workers
    Very supportive of employees and even offers paid hiatus after 10 years of service

Cons

Extremely redundant corporate structure with no clear vision
    Ineffective communication between Sr. Management and employees
    Very political environment
    Extremely long hours

Be clear on how employees and divisions impact the greater corporate well being. Listen to the opinions of the employees. Streamline redundant operations.

There are newer employer reviews for Russell Investments