There are newer employer reviews for Russell Reynolds

Very professional, nice people, difficult to evolve from EA role

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Boston office and had a great experience as a young EA gaining general office, business, and professional knowledge. Professional, hard working, knowledgable colleagues.

Cons

Culture is very professional, not much in-office friendship or bonding. I was an EA and was hoping to advance within the company but the opportunity was not there. A bit too serious for me at times.

reviews filtered by
  1. Big 5 for a Reason

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Russell Reynolds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under current leadership, this firm is evolving as a collaborative firm and works at staying best in class. Everything at RRA is done TOP OF THE LINE - including events or outings for its employees.

Cons

While hierarchy exists (rightfully so) in organizations, the RRA culture is reminiscent of a kingdom's cast system. Forget about moving up from within and don't forget your rank at any time.

Advice to Management

Hiring from McKinsey or the likes in anticipation of revenues is reasonable but save room for promotion from within. Send your consultants to management training - the way they treat the EAs is appalling at times.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE CHICAGO OFFICE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Russell Reynolds

Pros

RRA attracts great clients and they are very process oriented

Cons

Can't speak for RRA as a whole but Chicago office is a horrible place to work. The heirarchy between consultants, researchers and EA"s allows for extreme mistreating of personnel. HR is a mess, turn over is extremely high. They let certain people get away with bullying others, and turn a blind eye to it depending on the tenure of the employee. They will work you until you crumble. When I started someone referred to it as a sweatshop, and I actually agree. There is no diversity, no career progression and no respect. It's a negative environment, lots of gossip and anyone there less than 5 years is extremely dispensible. strongly recommend to stay away.

Advice to Management

Quit throwing money and titles at people. There is a reason people want to leave. Let them. get rid of your HR manager, and fast track the retiring of extremely tenured individuals as the culture will not change until you get rid those that run the place without the title to do so. Add some diversity as well-- the current makeup is not a good look for a company that considers itself global.