Great

Former Employee - SAP Intern in Vernon Hills, IL
Former Employee - SAP Intern in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Rust-Oleum

Pros

Great Pay, Friendly environment, Great location...Close to mall, restaurants and many stores, management is very friendly and approachable

Cons

Lot of older people, Not good company for recent grads because they don't have a lot of entry-level positions available

reviews filtered by

Phenomenal

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Rust-Oleum

Pros

The people are very congenial and supportive, it's a great environment and a great team. I felt like a valued asset in my department.

Cons

First month I didn't get much opportunity to showcase my potential, or do much of anything at all. After that though, I was given some more assignments that allowed me to prove my competence and receive more challenging and rewarding projects later on.

Advice to Management

Great company, great people, but there seems to be a lot of wasted/unnecessary human capital. If information were more centralized and easily accessible, there would be no need to fill someone's workday by searching for/calculating this information. If this were changed, there would be much less unnecessary labor and employees could put more focus into strategic direction than picking needles out of haystacks.

Management vs. Workers...just like most places.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Rust-Oleum

Pros

The line and manufacturing workers and the floor level managers are great people, almost a family like atmosphere.

Cons

Upper management doesn't have much contact with the floor people, communication could be better. Middle management behaves like the line workers are an enemy that needs to be controlled.

Advice to Management

Need better communication going down through the company on the future plans and direction, and to foster a team mentallity rather than what seems to be an us vs. them battle.