Rutgers University
www.rutgers.edu New Brunswick, NJ 5000+ Employees

Rutgers Newark

Newark, NJ

ProsGreat benefits, opportunities to learn both in formal coursework and on the job. Lots of opportunity to show what you can do. Stellar benefits, generous paid time off.

ConsConstrained budgets and archaic funding and business models can prevent good stewardship of university resources, internal politics can be frustrating. Tradition (resistance to change) sometimes trumps innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your experts. They know more about their core competency than you do. That is not a bad thing.

Wonderful place to work

Graduate Student (Current Employee)
    Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Rutgers University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of teaching opportunities, good interaction with fellow graduate students, amazing administrative… Cons: No exposure to alternative PhD careers More

Great place to do an internship

Intern (Former Employee)
    Camden, NJ

I worked at Rutgers University as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Very professional and experienced staff. Cons: The salary was not great, but it was an internship. Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rutgers University.

Worked for Rutgers University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rutgers University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rutgers University CEO Robert L. Barchi . All reviews posted anonymously by Rutgers University employees.