There are newer employer reviews for Ruthi Postow Staffing

Highly recommended for high paying positions!! (9/3/2009)

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ruthi Postow Staffing

Pros

They placed me more than five years ago in a 70K job- I was laid off earlier this year but my salary had risen to over 90K. I called the same recruiter that placed me and she had me come right in. (Unbelievably nice people). She sat me down and let me vent about how upsetting it is having to start from scratch again. I was interviewed later in the week by the CEO of a mid sized investment firm and we really hit it off. I was hired the following Monday at 105K base with a significant signing bonus and the best benefits I've ever had. These guys have been my saviors...twice. Also, they have the most gorgeous offices!!!

Cons

I have to say- I absolutely hate computer testing. They made me retest even though I went through the process last time. The software has been updated to 2007 from 2003 so I understand but at my level there is so much more than computer skills. The second negative point, if I had to choose, is the time it takes. Ruthi Postow Staffing is a smaller to mid-sized agency. They have the very high level positions but it can take a while for them to pinpoint the right one for you. It will cost the candidate a lot of time but it is very much worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

I had two very good experiences with Ruthi Postow Staffing. My advice would be to keep away from redundant testing for particular candidates but keep the intense interviewing process.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Close-knit team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CULTURE: The team is really dedicated and engaged- and they truly believe in finding the right fit for candidates and clients. The message comes directly from the CEO and partners to be honest and up-front about opportunities, available positions, and the market. As an employee this is a relief- there isn't pressure to compromise values to make a deal happen. FEEDBACK: Management is also willing to take time and offer additional training if there is an area of improvement, and will sit down to have a discussion when an issue arises. STAFF: The team itself is a pro, the partners pay attention to culture-fit when they are hiring. Everyone knows how to keep their head down and get work done, but there will be jokes, happy hours, and when you do a great job you'll receive congratulations and thank you's. Because chemistry is important, new hires will often meet most of the team before they start.

Cons

The office is extremely fast paced; the needs of the business can change minute to minute. It's also a small team. This isn't necessarily a problem, but it isn't for everyone. Whoever comes on board has to be ready to jump right in and wear many hats- if one person is out for a week chances are you will take on aspects of his or her role. You have to be assertive and actively ask questions, offer to help, and be willing to make a lot of calls. For better or worse you will gain exposure to all aspects of the company. This can be a bit chaotic, but it is also an opportunity. Someone flexible and eager to help can learn a lot and be part of decision-making.

Advice to Management

The management is made up of big personalities, but the partners all have a sense of humor. Even when the office is busy, they usually are able to make time and are receptive when employees reach out and ask for help or guidance. They will also openly ask for feedback (and it's not a false ask, they really want it)- probably one of the best qualities of Ruthi Postow Staffing!

2. Passionate, Committed Staff

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Ruthi Postow Staffing for more than 5 years and the staff was some of the most dedicated and passionate employees I've ever worked with. They were driven to find the best possible jobs they could for their candidates. Recruiters and business developers were given the opportunity for unlimited compensation potentional. This is not the right job for anyone unwilling to make calls to find the right candidate or the right position.

Cons

Sometimes the candidate does not understand it's two way communication. Let your recruiter know weekly you're still looking and available. Don't be afraid to accept a job you don't think is perfect. You never know when it can lead to a career, it did for me.