There are newer employer reviews for Ryan International Airlines

The wrong people are in charge!

Former Employee - International Flight Attendant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - International Flight Attendant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ryan International Airlines

Pros

Time off! The pay was OK

Cons

LONG days, receiving deceitful information from management regarding benefits embarassing conditions of planes and inflight services

The crew needs airplanes that are well maintained, cleaned and serviced to do their jobs correctly.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan International Airlines (View Most Recent)

Proceed with caution when looking to Ryan International for employment.

Current Employee - In Flight Supervisor/Lead Flight Attendant in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - In Flight Supervisor/Lead Flight Attendant in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Ryan International Airlines

Pros

As an International Airline, working for Ryan will afford you the opportunity to see many places and countries you never knew existed. While the layovers can be short at times, the experiences can be great.

Cons

As an airline, poor business decisions are constantly being made, and its left to the pilots and flight attendants to clean up managements messes. Management expects flight crews to constantly work in excess of 20 hours per shift, with minimal rest in between. Aircraft equipment is poorly kept... dirty aircraft, multiple cosmetic and functional issues with cabin equipment despite constant reports to management from flight crews. Its very difficult to be proud of a product and generate an overall positive experience for a customer, when they employee is not given the tools needed for success! For 18 days a month, you are at the mercy of the company. You can be told you will be gone away from home for 3 days, that quickly turns into 18 days overseas... They have the right to "Junior assign" you into your off days as well. I highly advise against working for this company... you will put your all in, and when you need them, they wont be there for you. Proceed with caution!

Really start listening to your crews. We want this airline to succeed just as much as you do, but we are not machines. We are human beings... dont expect us to do something that you are not willing to do yourselves. To inflight management, if you want to make a statement, then get out on the line and fly some of those 20+ hour days with us!

Ryan is a great company to work for, professional and respectful.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Ryan International Airlines

Pros

Wonderful management that responds to your inquiry in a timely manner.
    Ryan appreciates team work that is professional and does not like employees who cause trouble on board the aircraft. Ryan has great benefits and treats its empoyees with respect.

Cons

Most of the work at Ryan is seasonal unless you can get a slot at the one perm base in Rockford IL or Dallas Tx.

Please reconsider the hiring age at 21 years of age.
    Please allow former Ryan employees to commute or relocate who wish to be rehired after seasonal work.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan International Airlines