There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Ryan's myRyan work - life balance approach creates a positiive environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

myRyan creates a positive environment.

Cons

Administrative overhead can occasionally become oppressively high.

Quality assurance audits should be tailored more specifically to service line.

208 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Good and Bad...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Fast paced and challenging environment. Learn something new everyday.

Cons

Pay and set in concrete policies related to benchmarks.

Some very strong pros, and very strong cons

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ryan, LLC

Pros

myRyan, in theory, makes for a great work life balance - In practice the results can differ. I personally found myRyan to be great. It tries to measure employees against productivity goals and targets instead of 'face time' and hours worked. I absolutely believe this is a great idea that, with some refinement, will be Ryan's biggest selling point.
    Results oriented organization
    Potentential for good bonuses if they can measure your contribution correctly - My position was non-standard Ryan position that made it very hard to measure my contribution to projects. As such, my bonuses were initially non-existent. My principal (who is no longer there) managed to get some changes made and they were better, but still not comparable to what people 'below' me were getting
    Impressive client list
    Good plans for the future

Cons

Terrible hardware/IT/Laptops - Not entirely the IT staff's fault. Their IT was very cordial and as responsive as they could be with what they were given (not very much at all). They were stretched too thin. Most 'new' Ryan laptops were refurbs from Dell.
    Difficult to request software/purchases that are necessary or for productivity - Dollars are pinched tightly here, sometimes within reason, sometimes to an infuriating extent. PO/Purchase requests can take weeks to get approved or looked at.
    Some of the most mundane decisions (any purchase of any price, for instance) will work their way up to the CEO/Owner for final approval. This really slows things down.
    With the exception of a few really great upper managers, the rank and file spend a lot of time rolling their eyes.
    Thinking outside the box isn't recommended
    Pay can be very competitive, depending on experience, hiring manager, and position.

You lose a lot of good people frequently to your competitors and elsewhere. myRyan is a great start at making your employees happier but the daily hoops that must be jumped through are a struggle. A lot of the rank and file do not have a lot of confidence in their leadership due to the amount of politics that are involved.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC