Ryan, LLC

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Great Company

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My Ryan work environment is excellent. Work whenever, wherever, however you want. There are a lot of aggressive financial goals to track your performance, but overall i love it. I have made more here than i would anywhere else.

Cons

Growing pains of a small company becoming large.

Keep up the good work.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Come for the Benefits; Leave for the Pay

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan is always looking to improve in all areas: for our clients, for our employees, and for our community.

Cons

Pay is far from competitive unless you are one of the few on really great projects.

Ryan is often very misrepresented to employees entering the firm. I've heard stories of consultants who are told they will make far more in bonuses in their first year than is realistic. Because of the time it takes to complete a project, the average billing amount and the amount of consultants sharing a bonus pool, it takes quite a few years to build up a steady income of bonuses.

Rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Extremely flexible work environment that allows team members to work where and when they are most effective and offers unlimited time off, provided that they get their work done.
    -Excellent bonus plan that rewards employees with a percentage of the tax benefits they provide for their clients. The bonuses have the potential to be huge (hundreds of thousands), and have been on many occasions.
    -Executive management that is dedicated to being innovative in its approach to growing the firm and rewarding their employees.
    -Generally friendly enviroment with people who like their jobs.

Cons

-Some people feel like the lack of a set vacation policy means they do not get any vacation (they cannot disconnect), and some team managers are still adjusting to the policy, but management is trying very hard to resolve these issues.
    -Management is still working on policies and procedures that allow all teams opportunities to work on projects that provide the massive bonus payouts. These projects tend to fall to a select few teams, but again, this is something that management is addressing.
    -It's a consulting firm, so it can be a stressful, short-deadline-driven environment at times, there's just no getting around that fact.

Keep working on ways to better distribute the profitable engagements, but otherwise keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC