Internship

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan really spends the time to ensure you are getting the right type of training. The flexible work environement is really great for full time employees. The north dallas office location is much nicer than most of the other big accounting firms that have to go to downtown dallas for work. As an intern they really make sure to treat you as a regular staff member. I was given the responsibility that a consultant would be given and it was obvious my manager cared about my development.

Cons

Management can forget at times that we are interns, and they need to explain complicated issues with us in a way thats understandable. Pay is not as much as Big four accounting.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are explaining tasks clearly and they 'why' not just the 'how'

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. Interning with Ryan

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexible work environment (myRyan) is a huge benefit. Even as an hourly intern I can come and go as I need to and even work from home occasionally. I have had the opportunity to learn about sales and use tax, a niche field in accounting, and to work for a firm who is a frontrunner in this area. This internship has been a great opportunity to see a very different way that I will be able to use my accounting and finance degrees. I like that I'll have options when I graduate and won't necessarily have to take a public accounting job. Almost all the employees are very nice and fun to work with.

Cons

I was disapointed with the training I received from my team. I came into this internship knowing nothing about sales and use tax, and haven't felt that I have been taught the basic knowledge very effectively. A lot of my work has been just trial and error to find out if I am doing it correctly.

Advice to Management

Teach the people who will be training new hires how to effectively communicate the basics of what they will be doing every day.

2. Interning at Ryan

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Interns are always working in the office, but the rest of the firm has a completely flexible work schedule that would be nice to have full time. Teams are a great way to specilaize and learn an industry. It also helps to always have people to go to when you need help.

Cons

Interns sometimes get stuck doing the same thing and have to sit there 8 hours a day no matter what.

Advice to Management

Really try to bring the interns in as part of the team. Since I know less about the projects and don't know the team as well sometimes I feel left out. The training is great though. I actually know what I am doing when I get new projects. In my internship at a different company I was confused every day about my work. Also, the office could use an update. Nicer break rooms with better coffee would be nice. It could be a place that brings everyone out of their offices to interact. I have heard this from many of the younger employees.