There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Not for everyone, but great for some.

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have better relationships with more Fortune 500 companies than I experienced while working at the Big 4. The commission/bonus structure provides unlimited potential. If you work hard and make it through dry spells, eventually you strike oil and can make a ton of money. Unlike the Big 4 where tax is second fiddle to the audit practice, tax is our business. Everyone actually does client service. There aren't multiple layers of overpaid administrative partners. Everyone is paid based on results, and everyone is accountable. Much more proactive than reactive and willing to battle for our clients. You are free to work when, how and where you want, as long as you achieve the results expected of you.

Cons

The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse. Some of the expense policies are on the frugal side, but at least they are administered fairly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Opportunities for Success

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The myRyan work environment is fantastic. They trust you to get your work done and don't worry about hours in the office. The opportunity to work some from home is fantastic.

Cons

Last minute deadlines or a heavy workload can result in long hours and weekend work sometimes. Probably the same for most consulting and tax firms.

Advice to Management

Keep myRyan going!

2. Great Opportunities and growth

Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
    Current Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Constantly new opportunities to help me learn and grow -Excellent support system to train and encourage learning -Not the same thing everyday -I have been fully involved from day one, never feeling like I was bogging the team down with my inexperience -I really enjoy the "MyRyan" flex working program, allowing me to take time for my family and other personal pursuits

Cons

-Some days the workload can be overwhelming. The work can be cyclical (busy one week, little the next) based on client needs. -Parts of the evaluation process and bonus compensation structure can be vague and ineffecient (although this is improving)

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employee feedback. Continue developing a promotion/career ladder outline (so we know what is expected for advancement) Continue looking into ways to improve the bonus structure (more equitable) Keep up the great work of growing this incredible company