There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

A well-rounded exposure to the world of sales and use tax consulting

Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX
Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My manager immediately involved me in the current project my team was working on allowing me to contribute material work even as an intern. I also had the opportunit to utilize MyRyan a couple of time to work from home when needed.

Cons

A few assignments could have been explained more thoroughly

Advice to Management

Give more detailed instructions to new hires/interns. It may take more time but will pay off in the end when you don't have to make several passes of corrections.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. Interning with Ryan

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexible work environment (myRyan) is a huge benefit. Even as an hourly intern I can come and go as I need to and even work from home occasionally. I have had the opportunity to learn about sales and use tax, a niche field in accounting, and to work for a firm who is a frontrunner in this area. This internship has been a great opportunity to see a very different way that I will be able to use my accounting and finance degrees. I like that I'll have options when I graduate and won't necessarily have to take a public accounting job. Almost all the employees are very nice and fun to work with.

Cons

I was disapointed with the training I received from my team. I came into this internship knowing nothing about sales and use tax, and haven't felt that I have been taught the basic knowledge very effectively. A lot of my work has been just trial and error to find out if I am doing it correctly.

Advice to Management

Teach the people who will be training new hires how to effectively communicate the basics of what they will be doing every day.

2. Interning at Ryan

Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Interns are always working in the office, but the rest of the firm has a completely flexible work schedule that would be nice to have full time. Teams are a great way to specilaize and learn an industry. It also helps to always have people to go to when you need help.

Cons

Interns sometimes get stuck doing the same thing and have to sit there 8 hours a day no matter what.

Advice to Management

Really try to bring the interns in as part of the team. Since I know less about the projects and don't know the team as well sometimes I feel left out. The training is great though. I actually know what I am doing when I get new projects. In my internship at a different company I was confused every day about my work. Also, the office could use an update. Nicer break rooms with better coffee would be nice. It could be a place that brings everyone out of their offices to interact. I have heard this from many of the younger employees.