A well-rounded exposure to the world of sales and use tax consulting

Current Employee - Intern  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My manager immediately involved me in the current project my team was working on allowing me to contribute material work even as an intern. I also had the opportunit to utilize MyRyan a couple of time to work from home when needed.

Cons

A few assignments could have been explained more thoroughly

Give more detailed instructions to new hires/interns. It may take more time but will pay off in the end when you don't have to make several passes of corrections.

Other Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Ryan is a success story acheived by the hard work of both the employees and the owners.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The offer by the company to allow us to telecommute and work on our own schedule is great!
    The base salary is generally competitive.
    There are lots of unique training opportunities.
    All levels of management, while being very critical of work product, make themselves available to the staff. This isn't one of those firms where it is taboo for the lower level staff and management to approach or be approached by the firm principals and management to discuss issues, opinions, and other relevant matters.
    The company's top management frequently requests input from all employees and frequently take action with consideration given to such feedback.
    The firm encourages, but does not require, charitable giving and activities.
    The company has a great IT department, central receptionists, and other great departments to provide the consulting staff with more time to earn.

Cons

The ability by the employee to effectively telecommute and guiltlessly work on his/her own schedule is not always easy to accomplish! While policy permits and encourages it, the workload often makes it impractical. The result can easily be only having a week or two off per year, aside from normally recognized holidays themselves.

Consider changing the Consultant compensation structure to be a 10-20% higher base salary and remove the fee percentage.
    Consider a second monitor to be a standard piece of equipment, rather than something which requires special approval.

Interning with Ryan

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The flexible work environment (myRyan) is a huge benefit. Even as an hourly intern I can come and go as I need to and even work from home occasionally.

I have had the opportunity to learn about sales and use tax, a niche field in accounting, and to work for a firm who is a frontrunner in this area.

This internship has been a great opportunity to see a very different way that I will be able to use my accounting and finance degrees. I like that I'll have options when I graduate and won't necessarily have to take a public accounting job.

Almost all the employees are very nice and fun to work with.

Cons

I was disapointed with the training I received from my team. I came into this internship knowing nothing about sales and use tax, and haven't felt that I have been taught the basic knowledge very effectively. A lot of my work has been just trial and error to find out if I am doing it correctly.

Teach the people who will be training new hires how to effectively communicate the basics of what they will be doing every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!