Great firm with a cutting edge approach to the workplace...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ryan offers an innovate flexible work environment that focuses on results over face time. It truly is innovative because it allows you to avoid taking PTO for common issues that may keep you from working in the office. Instead of using PTO while waiting on the cable guy or repairman, you're able to work from home as the firm provides you with the necessary resources to accomplish most tasks from anywhere.

Another great thing about Ryan, is that it provides a framework in which the employee has control of their our own professional growth. The firm is constantly looking to promote from within, and provides opportunities for employees to change offices or even practices. As the firm continues to grow new practices seem to sprout up every other month.

Cons

A downside to all of the workplace freedom is that there is an unrealistic expectation, at times from management, of being available 24/7. This creates issues with employees burning out from working what feels to them as nonstop.

Be mindful of people's downtime. Creating an environment of expected 24/7 availability could ruin everything that is great about the firm and its unique approaches to the work/life balance.

Other Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Positive Experience So Far

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like Ryan's values and mission. MyRyan, our flexible schedule has been a great success in my eyes as our team has utilized it to our benefit.

Cons

There does not seem to rules in terms of project assignment. More structure to project assignment would be advantageous.

Horrible work environment - Got out after 2 years

Former Employee - Tax Consultant  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great bonus structure but no controls or ways to ensure that discrimination doesn't occur

Cons

Bonus structure based on management discretion so bonus can be allocated to favorites even if the other employees didn't charge any time to the project. Part of the annual review is based on the bonuses that managers decide to allocate.

HR very slow to respond to serious issues and complaints ignored even when proof of managment/employee relationships that affect projects and partiality.

Expect to go to Dallas for annual meetings where Brint will brag about his million dollar house then turn around and request that all employees donate to his PAC directly out of their paychecks

Be prepared to attach yourself to a senior manager and hope that they are the favorite of the principal. Principals assign work to favorites and not necessarily the person that needs work or that even brought the project in.

Make sure you document your work as you can expect managers and above to take credit for your work without any recognization

Managers should be up front about the bonus allocations and ensure that only the employees that worked on the projects should receive a bonus. Additionally, the firm should stick by their policy on relationships and prevent people in relationships or family from reporting directly to each other.

HR should properly address concerns of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!