Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Aggressively pursuing tax refunds for clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent people, motivated staff, experts at tax consulting. Company has done nothing but grow for over 21 years.

Cons

Fast growing company experiencing growth pains. Lots of rules, policies and procedures - some are quite necessary, others are tedious and counterproductive.

Be more global in your thinking - there's a big world outside of Texas, and people outside of Texas are not always happy to be called on by aggressive Texans. Like the GEICO gekko, try to understand the cultures of people you do business with outside of Texas. And get rid of the "old timers" who have made their contribution, but who have "checked out" and are stifling the folks below them.

222 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Excellent Entry-level Alternative to Big Four

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is extremely flexible. This firm proves that not all options for accounting grads require you enslave yourself to the office. Benefits, though not excessive in amount, are unique (gym membership reimbursement, cell phone allowance). Overall, there is a feeling that leadership values employees.

Cons

Mobility between positions seems limited. Pay is slightly lower than competitors, but matches the required work hours of the job.

Continue your actions that support your employees at all levels. Allow more mobility between practice areas.

Fantastic work/life balance!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working for Ryan! I have never worked for a company that cares so much about making sure their employees are happy. The work environment is very friendly and relaxed while being motivational all at once. I have met some really amazing people during my time at Ryan. In addition, even some of the highest head honchos of the company are so approachable and easy to talk to. The biggest benefit of all is the work/life balance that is encouraged by Ryan. Having the flexibility to work around my life schedule makes me a great Mom, wife and employee! It is very refreshing to be able to do the things I need to do without having to feel guilty or receive any grief from management!

Cons

Ryan’s hiring process is painfully slow. I also feel that Ryan has lost some really great employees that were a product of not being on a revenue grossing team (not by any fault of their own). The catch 22 of myRyan is that sometimes it is hard to “turn off”. Some employees/managers get frustrated if you do not respond to things late at night or on the weekend. The utilization of myRyan is a choice. Some of us still work normal work hours and should not be expected to respond to things at 10pm on a Saturday just because that is what YOU decided to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC