Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Great Place To Work! A Breath of Fresh Air!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance with myRyan. Ryan offers an awesome benefits package that passes up most companies! Management Team is great and the structure within the company if very sound. They offer an awesome instant support system for their employees through RyanNet. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. Everyone at the Corporate Offices has always been pleasant and great to deal with! They just released a great Tuition Reimbursement plan that will allow employees to grow within the company! Ryan is definitely a breath of fresh air!

Cons

There are no cons that I have come across thus far that worth mentioning.

Keep up the great work! Brint has a great vision and the Executive Team is focused on making that vision happen! It is a win-win situation! Thank you for choosing me to be part of an awesome team!

222 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Decent firm, Slightly Bizarre Culture

Current Employee - Tax Consultant
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Senior management is very involved and genuinely seems interested in employee's success. If you're on a good team it can be rewarding. Really depends on your team.

MyRyan is good if your manager embraces it.

Cons

I found the culture to be very bizarre. The firm is obsessed with winning (seemingly meaningless) awards and people speak of Brint Ryan as if he is God. I'd get a constant barrage of e-mails asking me to fill out surveys for random awards and make contributions to the (quite conservative) Ryan Political Action Committee. Perhaps it is because I came from a very large firm, but the culture just was too weird for me.

Aside from the culture, the only other cons I can think of is that your success really depends on your team and the review/compensation process could be better. If you're on a crappy team, it's not fun. Not all managers are equal and not all managers embrace MyRyan.
    Additionally, the review process is not entirely logical and can hamper your advancement and compensation until the next year. As an aside on compensation, I found Ryan's base salaries to be below market, but there is a high bonus potential. I left the firm for a very comparable position at a comparable firm with significantly higher base pay.

More consistency in managers/training. Ease up on the awards and other random stuff and let people work. Who cares if Ryan places 3rd in Sheboygan Wisconsin's Best Places to work list? Let employees focus on clients and driving revenue and stop flooding inboxes with this stuff. Base salaries more in line with the market will attract better young talent, not these meaningless awards. It's not like the firm is competing in Forbes or Fortune or anything.

Flexible schedule, great experience, and LOTS of room for improvement

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, working remotely, immediate supervisor is awesome to work for, bonus structure, ability to work on different projects in various industries, and enjoy working for/with clients

Cons

Takes forever to get new technology, needs to be a way to anonymously bring up issues (e.g. laziness, inability to complete tasks, etc.) with co-workers as we work in teams, there needs to be a way to divide up money-making projects equally, ergonomic furniture, better annual salary increase, less expensive health insurance, and more accountability, to name a few.

Keep up the forward thinking progress and remember that a thank you with your employees goes a long way. Even our Christmas bonuses have gone away.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC