Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com

Intern perspective

Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat flexibility! Even as an intern I was given quite a bit of flexibility throughout my internship. The bonus structure also makes the company quite competitive from the typical CPA firms. They also offer terrific training if you lack skills in programs such as excel and access. Their technical training wasn't very effective in my opinion however. I did accept a full time offer with the company. I do believe this is a great place to start a career if you don't want to do the whole big 4 thing while still doing taxes yet not spending countless hours doing tax returns. You get the opportunity to do a variety of tasks at Ryan which was nice.

ConsAlthough the bonus structure is great it takes a good deal of time before you see these bonuses. And as much as I hate to admit, your happiness at Ryan ultimately depends on what team you end up on. Not all managers are created equal and not all managers embrace the flexibility of myRyan. Thankfully, I had a wonderful manager but it is still a drawback of working there. I also couldn't stand how the company micromanages every little detail and requires multiple approvals for even the smallest things. I understand the company wants to effectively allocate their resources but some of these internal procedures are inefficient when you have to wait on management and ownership approval on certain things.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe flexibility is great but not all managers embrace this. Make sure all managers are following the blueprint set out by the CEO. Also I think at the current rate of growth with the company that some of the internal processes need to change to be more efficient. I also think interns should be entitled to bonuses for their work they contribute to projects as well. Interns are treated the same as first year consultants so I believe the work they spend on projects should be rewarded. Also I think the hourly pay rate needs to be closer to the CPA competitors.

Internal processes are choking the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros: The company is very customer centered and will do what is right by the… Cons: Generally speaking, mistakes are not tolerated well. When a mistake happens, the reaction is to create an internal process to make sure that the… Advice to Senior Management: Go through internal processes/policies one a time and strike the… More

Ok Place to Start Your Career

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Can set your own work hours if your manager approves.… Cons: You are expected to work until the job is done, which can vary depending on the project. You do not get a set amount of… Advice to Senior Management: Check in with employees before they leave the firm. Make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ryan, LLC.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!