Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com
  www.ryan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Ryan is a great place to work!

Former Employee - Tax Technology Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Tax Technology Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My Ryan is a great way to balance your work schedule with your other life obligations. Ryan holds all its employees accountable for getting the work done, while at the same time allows its employees to (within reason) work a schedule that is convenient for them.

Cons

I didn't see any cons to working here. It's a great place to start a career! Great potential for advancement for new employees as this is a growing firm!

219 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Be weary if you are in a corporate support position

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Global tax firm known for finding significant client savings

Cons

Limited work life balance, managers are not trusted to make business decisions, people are seen as a commodity. Senior leadership has no respect for corporate staff and treats them like "overhead".

The support staff work very hard, but need more resources to do their job. Stop treating people as though they can be replaced!

Intern perspective

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great flexibility! Even as an intern I was given quite a bit of flexibility throughout my internship. The bonus structure also makes the company quite competitive from the typical CPA firms. They also offer terrific training if you lack skills in programs such as excel and access. Their technical training wasn't very effective in my opinion however. I did accept a full time offer with the company. I do believe this is a great place to start a career if you don't want to do the whole big 4 thing while still doing taxes yet not spending countless hours doing tax returns. You get the opportunity to do a variety of tasks at Ryan which was nice.

Cons

Although the bonus structure is great it takes a good deal of time before you see these bonuses. And as much as I hate to admit, your happiness at Ryan ultimately depends on what team you end up on. Not all managers are created equal and not all managers embrace the flexibility of myRyan. Thankfully, I had a wonderful manager but it is still a drawback of working there. I also couldn't stand how the company micromanages every little detail and requires multiple approvals for even the smallest things. I understand the company wants to effectively allocate their resources but some of these internal procedures are inefficient when you have to wait on management and ownership approval on certain things.

The flexibility is great but not all managers embrace this. Make sure all managers are following the blueprint set out by the CEO. Also I think at the current rate of growth with the company that some of the internal processes need to change to be more efficient. I also think interns should be entitled to bonuses for their work they contribute to projects as well. Interns are treated the same as first year consultants so I believe the work they spend on projects should be rewarded. Also I think the hourly pay rate needs to be closer to the CPA competitors.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC