My overall experience at Ryan was absolutely incredible, and I can not imagine a better internship.

Former Employee - Property Tax Intern  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Property Tax Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ryan, LLC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

* You will receive very competitive pay as an intern, and it helps to add to the idea that you are important to Ryan as the other team members will also make clear to you.

* Team environment where you are surrounded by competent, intelligent, hard-working, extremely amicable and helpful coworkers.

* The property tax division is very fast paced as interns are brought in during the busy season, but the advantage to the system is that you are almost instantly working on the same basic projects as the senior consultants and managers (you are helping them with pieces of their larger projects).

* You begin delving into commercial real estate and property tax analysis almost as soon as you arrive and get set up. This allows you to start learning useful things right away.

* You will have a chance to really learn and work in Excel during your internship and will start learning market conditions in your office's regional coverage area. Insights into how property taxes work and how the laws differ from one jurisdiction to the next.

* The property tax division is the probably the most team-oriented inside Ryan as every project is touched by multiple hands/minds.

Cons

* For interns, you will be limited to a 40 hour work schedule, but that may not be an issue unless you are hoping for overtime and trying to save up more money for college, etc.

* Honestly, I can't see too many cons to this internship. It was much better than I could have ever expected, and you will get tons of practical and useable knowledge and skills from it.

Other Reviews for Ryan, LLC

Great Experience

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

New and skillful work given with different daily objectives. Key to understand big picture and improving upon it.

Cons

I did not experience any downsides of working for Ryan LLC. I enjoyed my time while i was there.

A little bit of training should be given before starting the job.

Great Experience, so far

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The opportunity to manage my time and work where I need to - The flexibility of myRyan allows me to work from home or while traveling as needed.
    -I have been supported (and occasionally rewarded) in my ambitions and life goals (CPA, volunteering, etc)
    -Ryan is increasing the focus on personal health and well-being - (realizing this affects productivity as well)

Cons

-I know that much of the flexibility is dependent on your manager/office.
    -The bonus structure is generous, but HIGHLY dependent on the project you are assigned, thereby rewarding more on luck than hard work.
    -At times we have been expected by upper management to produce results "yesterday" that are completely out of our control (ie. getting decisions/responses and updates from the state government, vendors or clients; even after multiple follow-ups and pushing)

Continue to push for greatness and work with your employees to overcome the obstacles (internal and external). People will tell you what they think if you ask them.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!