Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com
  www.ryan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Not all divisions of Ryan are a "great place to work"

Former Employee - Manager Or Above
Former Employee - Manager Or Above

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

If you are in the right division at Ryan, there are opportunities. Ryan provides good service offerings.

Cons

MyRyan is great -in theory, but poorly implemented in the division where I worked. Senior management refused to hire the appropriate resources, therefore you had to work until 1-2 am just to keep up. When you did take time off, you were still required to attend client calls, emails, et. Mature women are not embraced in my division.

Please walk your talk. Mr. Ryan, if you are truly serious about making your firm a great place to work, then you need to be open to feedback that points out which piece of your business are broken. When people do try to speak up, retaliation occurs.

212 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Great place to start.

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of freedom, flexible work schedule. Worked at home whenever I wanted. Even allowed me to live out-of-state and still excel at my job. Good place to acquire skills to break into a big four firm.

Cons

Not a lot of room to move up. Especially compared to other companies, there is not a lot of fostering of talent. Little to no client interaction at a low level.

Same response from superiors regardless of whether engagement level is high or low. Without room to grow (or at least to appearance of room to grow), there isn't a lot of motivation to be ambitious. The firm could be missing out on many rising professionals for this reason. Although maybe that doesn't matter, since the firm has a reputation internally for not promoting from within.

If you want to be in tax, this is the place to be in terms of career development and growth.

Former Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong management team with good growth potential.

Cons

Boring, lots of menial job tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC