There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Good place to start for new graduates.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Work/life balance. Good state and local tax experience serving major clients. Because its a national firm there are lots of opportunities to network and travel. Good work environment, and team atmosphere. Aggressive corporate leadership who pursue growth and provide opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Highly competive environment due to bonus compensation structure which has its pluses and minuses. If you're lucky you will be on a strong team with great leadership, and you will learn plenty about SALT tax, consulting, and managing relationships. If you're unlucky you will get a self involved manager who will be more focused on self preservation than staff development.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership could do a better job developing quality middle managers to reduce staff turnover. Numerous aquisitions and changes in management structure creates conflicting interests among departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. Great Company and Culture

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, Good support from HQ

Cons

No cons at the moment

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

2. Stop and think before you lose more great talent!

Pros

Ryan is a great company to work for. There are lots of opportunities to make substantial commission unless you are in corporate. Personally, I work in a remote office from the head quarter and I enjoy working with management. I try to volunteer as much as I can but those opportunities are limited.

Cons

The expectations of management are very high. The problem is, there are some staff who don't have enough work while others have too much. I support alot of users. This affects my quality of work, response time and availability which will ultimately affect my bonus due to clients' surveys.

Advice to Management

My advise to management is: 1) Listen to your staff and provide additional resources as required. Losing a strong talent will cost more to replace. 2) Over working an employee will cause the him/her to not use their creative ability or propose new solutions. Ryan has great talents but employees don't have the time to share some ideas because of the workload.