Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com
  www.ryan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Great place to work if tax consulting is you

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Flexible time off. If you get under a good manager you have the ability to learn from the best in the tax world. Very good benefits.

Cons

If you have a poor manager it its difficult to like the work. Company is built for management, consultants are the work horses (which is how it is suppose to be) but they are sometimes worked too hard with not enough compensation.

Managament level has many projects to spread profitability risk across many projects. Consultant level may only have 2-3 projects a year that pay off.

Offer a rotational program where consultants can experience different areas of tax. Make admin bonus come out of manager pool.

Office culture is aweful..people that sit on the same floor as me probably don't know my name. Have more opportunities to get people out of the office for social interaction.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Great job! Great opportunities!

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

I love working at Ryan. The flexibility with the myRyan program is unmatched by other companies. Even as a new grad working my first 'professional' job I am made to feel as a trusted team member by my manager. I love that I see financial rewards from the fruits of my labor and I look forward to my bonuses. The compensation is fair and competitive with the Big Four, but you get to have a life at the same time. We work a lot of hours during our practice's 'busy season', but when things are slow the management doesn't really care if you are there for face time. (They probably aren't.) The company doesn't waste a lot of time with endless meetings or decisions by committee. The tone from the top is very communicative with its employees and very supportive of what we are doing.

Cons

Like everything in life, a lot of your experience at Ryan is going to depend on who you work for/with. I lucked out and have an amazing manager who I adore and respect; but not everybody is so lucky. I know people with more experience than myself who do not get the liberty that myRyan should offer because their manager doesn't embrace it.

Get the buy in on myRyan from all the managers. Do 360s more often so managers can get feedback from their staff.

Do update Office, please. We should be using Microsoft Office 2007. Using Excel 2003 with the limited number of rows is really a hassle.

SAUT

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC

Pros

Great place to move up the latter in a reasonable amount of time and a well known firm in the state of Texas.

Cons

A firm that Primarily focuses on Sales and Use Tax, not able to expand your knowledge base outside of SAUT

A great work environment which needs to not focus on number of hours worked but the quality of the work being displayed for clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC