Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com

A good place to work, but it can be a "cult - like" atmosphere where if you don't quite fit in, you won't last long

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI liked the place because of the specialized nature of the work - state & local tax consulting and audit defense, and little else (no tedious, boring compliance work or federal tax), however this is changing somewhat as I believe they plan on getting into federal tax and doing compliance work as well.
Company is good about sending you to state tax conferences, outside courses and uses webinars to learn state and local tax laws.
Bonus plan is really good, where you truly get compensated for the hard work you've done and motivates you to work hard on an engagement.
System of evaluation and feedback is less cumbersome than the Big 4.
Good place to go if you've already gotten good training at a Big 4 firm.

ConsLine level consultants are good about sharing knowledge and helping each other out within their team, but getting support from other teams is difficult and teams don't seem to want to share anything with each other, almost are pitted against each other.
Many times you are just left to your own devices on how to figure something out and your manager doesn't have time to help you with it.
Extremely rigid policies about how to perform client work and other internal matters that don't always make sense and take away from productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time pushing and training people on all these strict policies about how things are supposed to be done, and more time training people in state tax law, which is what the firm is supposed to be about.

Great place to work if tax consulting is you

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros: Flexible time off. If you get under a good manager you have the… Cons: If you have a poor manager it its difficult to like the work. Company is built for management, consultants are the work horses (which… Advice to Senior Management: Offer a rotational program where consultants can experience different areas of tax. Make admin bonus come out of manager pool. Office culture… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great job! Great opportunities!

Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros: I love working at Ryan. The flexibility with the myRyan program is unmatched by other companies. Even as a new grad working my… Cons: Like everything in life, a lot of your experience at Ryan is going to depend on who you work for/with. I lucked out and… Advice to Senior Management: Get the buy in on myRyan from all the managers. Do 360s more often so managers can get feedback from their staff. Do update… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ryan, LLC.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!