There are newer employer reviews for Ryan's

I had a exciting time while at Ryan's, It's a great job

Former Employee - Third Assistant Manager in Lumberton, NC
Former Employee - Third Assistant Manager in Lumberton, NC

Pros

Fast paced, energetic and Just plain old fun

Cons

Long hours as a manager, Open everyday including holidays

Advice to Management

Give the team more holiday time off, the money made on those holidays are lost in training of new employees that replace the ones you lose because they cannot work over the holidays

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan's

1. Ryan's started as a great company to work for but it was bought by buffets inc. 5 yrs ago and has gotten horrible

Current Employee - General Manager in Aiken, SC
    Current Employee - General Manager in Aiken, SC

Pros

if you have no life and want to work 60 hrs plus a week for 50,000 a year then you are in luck

Cons

pay hours you have to work buffets inc

Advice to Management

improve food quality improve payroll guidlines improve bonus structure go to how we were when we were ryans not buffets inc

2. Good money, bad job.

Current Employee - Waitress in Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Waitress in Hot Springs, AR

Pros

The money (servers only) is very good. I can't compete with it. If I made less, I would definitely be somewhere else though. It's a good place to go if you are ok with everyone knowing everything about you.

Cons

Management is by far the worst problem. Very little positive feedback. Incompetency to the fullest. The hot bars never have food on them and there are always so many complaints. Very silly rules that we have to follow as well.

Advice to Management

Put less effort into making things difficult for everyone, and start working on issues that really matter. Such as the rolls. Ice machines, and dishwashing machine. New uniforms. Tell people when you change their schedules. And bring back complimentary coffee. Taking that away really killed a lot of business. Also, to go cups are needed.