There are newer employer reviews for Ryan's

Better than most places to work in Owensboro.

Current Employee - Server  in  Owensboro, KY
Current Employee - Server in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

Flexible schedule, great tips for servers, 2 out of 3 managers are respectful and great to work for.

Cons

The GM is very disrespectful to his workers. He talks disrespectful, and treats some employees unfairly causing them to quit.

I believe Managers are in a position of leadership and should not speak to or treat employees with any kind of disrespect.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan's (View Most Recent)

i love working with the people and ryan has been a good place to work in my 9 years

Current Employee - Serveri Love Working With People  in  Clarksburg, WV
    Current Employee - Serveri Love Working With People in Clarksburg, WV

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

good money ,great customers , we get the things we need to keep our restrauants running, great coupons, good lunch prices. good management team.

Cons

drama among employees , better benefits for employees, people just doing there jobs and take care of customers.people not passing , not doing there clean up jobs without checking out with the right person in other words it is a great place to workand meet people of every kind.

always listen to your employees ,they may have some good advise to help with the resrauant toget things done fasterand correct. having the right munt of uniforms for the employees.

my overall work experience has been mostly a positive one, but like in all work places could use improvements.

Current Employee - Server  in  Searcy, AR
    Current Employee - Server in Searcy, AR

I have been working at Ryan's

Pros

The people who dine at our restaurant are for the most part. Our regular customers have made my time at Ryan's very enjoyable. Most of our regular customers know us by name and we know theirs, they want to know about us as well as us wanting to know about them. Also the friendships I have made with my co workers is another reason to work for Ryan's.

Cons

Sometimes upper management gets so caught up in the numbers game that they forget about the people below them who help them keep their jobs. Also people can be very rude and demanding in the restaurant business, they are paying their hard earned money to eat and sometimes forget that we deserve a little courtesy also.

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, but sometimes the personal touches get lost in some of the upper ends of management . As a server I want each of my customers to feel like they are the most important people I am waiting on, and sometimes upper management only sees that there are more that 3 dirty tables in the whole restaurant and not that there are 45 more tables that are getting great customer service. Or that they have cut the store managers amount of hours they can schedule so much that they cannot properly staff the store to keep the bar properly stocked or the tables cleaned fast enough during busy times. There is more to running a store that just the numbers, they need to think about it from a customers view. Most want friendly cashiers and servers, clean place to sit, and hot fresh food. But if the store is understaffed due to a shortage of man hours then those things will not be possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan's

Worked for Ryan's? Contribute to the Community!